Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken review by HammerFall

• Released: Mar 7, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
HammerFall: Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken

My first impression of Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken is that is opens up in my opinion like their second album Renegade. First songs from both albums starts slowly and building up the tension. The diffrence is that Chapter V:s first song later bursts out to a fast tempo. Then to the mixing. The sound overall of this album got a nice touch to it. I don't know how to describe it other than it got a very powerful feel to it. The style they have put into this record is more of harmonizing the riffs instead of previous record ( Crimson thunder ) makeing the guitars play exactly the same thing.In my opinion, a good change!

Lyricswise this album have both power and softness. Good examples of this is the songs "Blood bound" and "Never, Ever". Blood bound is showing the power in Joacim cans voice, the high notes, the good use of vibrato and low(er)notes aswell! Then the example never, ever shows the softness. You can just hear the emotion he sings with in this song!

Compareing to other albums of Hammerfall I have to say this is my personal favorite. It got a nice feeling to it.Most impressive songs from the album certainly have to be Blood bound, Hammer of Justice and Born to rule. Songs that did let me down was Imperial. They shouldent have made it a instrumental since I got the feeling anytime he could start to sing. What I love about the album is the mixing and way they did make the songs on the album, what I didn't like was that some songs did sound very alike. Like the intro to "take the black" and "Fury of the wild". If this album got stolen I would buy it again, but I wouldent hurry.