No Sacrifice, No Victory review by HammerFall

• Released: Feb 18, 2009
HammerFall: No Sacrifice, No Victory

Hammerfall to me has been on of my favorite power metal band since I found out about them way back in 2001. I currently now own again all there albums. With their new release of No Sacrifice, No Victory that is coming out tomorrow. The sound of this albums is perfect no clipping etc. Just like all the other Hammerfall albums the producer of this album was godly again.

Lyrics of Hammerfall are always about war, victory, honor, etc. Yes there amazing in a band of itself but I always found these lyrics cheesy but for the first song off the album Any Means Necessary You'll start to sing with it cause that chorus is just amazing. Joacim Cans is still amazing at sings, his voice is just beautiful for this band. But over all the lyrics of the songs go with the way the music is build.

01.Any Means Necessary: first song off the album. First music for the album great chorus. Great track 10/10 02.Life is Now: good song, nothin really to make it special just good song. Shreading solo. 7/10 03.Punish & Enslaved: classic Hammerfall chug during the verus, and ohhh in the chorus are pretty cool, solo is pretty good too 6.5/10 04.Legion: when the first minute comes on ur like WTH haha you'll see when you listen to it's pretty epic. Overall song isnt bad. Sweet solo tho 7/10 05.Between Two Worlds: starts off with organ, acoustic song I like it alot. I was waiting for it to break into the Hammerfall power Metal but it didn't but htat is ok cause the song is great in itself 7/10 06.Hallowed Be My Name: this song I liked at lot the really nice slow head banging riff too it. Plus it has gun shots in it so that was a suprise to me. One of my favorite on the album 8.5/10 07.Something For The Ages: intrusmental that is just godly probably my favorite track off the album amazing go listen to it now 10/10 08.No Sacrifice, No Victory: title track of the album the songs is pretty good. One of the better ones on the album 8/10 09.One Of A Kind: Mr. Cans is hittin like the bricks to the balls notes on this song really high ones in some parts of the chorus Tho the middle of the song is damn good. Other than that it was alright 7/10 My Sharona - Cover my the Knacks Hellz yea it's awesome 8/10 Pontus Norgren did a great just for taking Oscars place for lead guitar after Oscar left great album better than the last album Threshold.

Amadeus_Wolves
    Cyanide86
    Well,I actually never liked powermetal or bands like Hammerfall,but I have to say this new album really isn't so bad & it's more classical heavy metal than power.2 good songs ''any means necessary'' and ''between two worlds'' a few cool solos also. The rest is nothing special.
    maximumrocker
    Amadeus_Wolves wrote: Reviews should be objective on both sides dude, not just you carrying on about your favourite songs from the album. And it was Stefan Elmgren who left, not Oscar. Research a little before post this kinda stuff.
    yea i just relized that after i clicked submit i was like crap
    gemicedearth
    nice album, poor review
    [br][br]Agree. He just made pretty generic comments on every song. [br][br] I'm not sure if I could call myself a "fan" of Hammerfall, but as a power metal fan, I'll give this a listen.
    gr1170
    If you can't write reviews in proper English on a site that entirelly an English site, don't write one. If you write a review that is nothing but a fanboys nerdgasm over the keyboard, copy it and create a thread in the forums. Don't publish your shitty, subjective, ill-researched of a review in the review section. Save that for the forums. In other news, pretty decent album. Typical Hammerfall I thought. Nothing stuck out as groundbreakingly awesome, but still, its Hammerfall. Give it a listen if you enjoy good power metal.
    Raizer Sabre
    Blas3
    1 - try to learn English, before you publish. seriously, man, I had to decode what you've written there, it took me several minutes to understand your sentences... 2 - be objective. Even if you're a fan of a band, you don't have to lick their asses. In fact, you have to avoid being selfish about them. 3 - I don't think a song-by-song is needed if you write only one sentence about each track. Instead, you should just pick up the best moments, and mention them.
    Metal Onslaught
    I like Hammerlfall, and will certainly be giving this a listen. I didn't even know they had a new one coming out, and here it is! Nice.
    Poglia
    This album is not bad, but I prefer old Hammerfall. Glory To The Brave FTW!
    Metallidethium
    Raizer Sabre : i loved it, especially legion, punish and enslave and their cover of my sharona. first full hammerfall album i've actually listened to though lol
    what about legacy of kings?! this album was good but like others have said, its typical hammerfall (which is good) but nothing overly groundbreaking. i didnt know my sharona was on there until i heard it coming through my stereo. i was like no they didnt lol but its good.
    DarkValo666
    Stefan is the one who left the band, Oscar is still with them