Lick Library: Learn To Play Hank Marvin [DVD] Review

artist: Hank Marvin date: 06/28/2008 category: compact discs
Hank Marvin: Lick Library: Learn To Play Hank Marvin [DVD]
Release Date: 2005
Learn five Hank Marvin tracks note for note with experienced performer and studio musician Lee Hodgson. Innovative and original guitarist Hank Marvin led the Shadows to worldwide acclaim, writing tracks which are synonymous with the summery 50s and 60s sound, the novel metallic picking, echo and generous tremolo use on a Fiesta Red Fender Stratocaster inspired a whole generation of guitarists.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 9
 9.4
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Lick Library: Learn To Play Hank Marvin [DVD] Reviewed by: JI-HALL, on june 28, 2008

Sound: Well there is not much to say but the DVD is brilliant, it has all of your favourite Hank Marvin songs and he also shows you him doing what he has just taught you. This DVD is a perfect one for if you want to learn some Hank Marvin songs, the teacher is Lee Hodgson, who is brilliant because he shows you exactly what to do and explains it perfectly. The songs you can learn are Apache, Wonderful land, F.B.I, Man Of Mystery and Guitar Tango, pretty cool don't you think. // 9

Overall Impression: It does not really compare with other Hank Marvin guitar learning DVDs because this one is brilliant, the most impressive thing on this DVD is that he explains it brilliantly so you will defiantly understand. If this DVD was stolen from me I would defiantly get the same one as quickly as I can because this is a brilliant DVD to learn some of Hank Marvin's best songs. // 9

Comments