Stars Of CCTV review by Hard-Fi

• Released: Mar 14, 2006
Hard-Fi: Stars Of CCTV

The sound is a very Indie rock style, but with some nice soft songs in there to. Richard Archer has a soft touch of voice to aquire to them, but also with the rocky up beat songs he sounds great as well. The music its self is a mix of guitars, electro drum kits, and pianos. This is oviously in different songs but they appear in at least two songs or more. I'd rate the sound at least 9/10. The sounds are very catchy.

Most the songs are about real life situations mostly, e.g. Middle Eastern Holiday, about the fighting going on in Iraq and Israel, Better Do Better, women cheating on you and trying to claw their way back in, Livng For The Weekend, Every day life for an adult working for money just to go out at the weekend, and Stars Of CCTV, the life of criminals on the street, being caught and tried with video evidence. And as all albums do there's a few love songs here and there. I don't think there's any bad language n it apart from a few 'F's and 'S's so no worrys for small children.

It's one of the best albums (I think) of the year so far. And a big influence on me and the Indie scene, well I recon. My favorites on the disc are, Gotta Reason, Living For The Weekend, and Feltham Is Singing Out. There's nothing you can not like on this album, and you know the albums that dont have one bad song on it, well this is one of them. It's wicked, recomended to everyone of all ages. And as for it being stolen or lost, stuff buying something else, I'd buy this again, again, and again. It's great.

YourLastAffront
    I admire you for writing an article, even though i hate hard fi, though i don't think they're an influence on the indie scene, they haven't been around long enough.
    wrathchild712
    I've just gotten the CD off of iTunes. The first song of Hard-Fi's I'd heard was Cash Machine - which was amazing. Thinking the whole album would be like that, I got it. I didn't like it so much at first, but it's really grown on me. I'd give it about an 8 out of 10. I'll definitely keep an eye on these guys.