Stars Of CCTV review by Hard-Fi

• Released: Mar 14, 2006
Hard-Fi: Stars Of CCTV

I first heard 'Living For The Weekend' on the radio, and I knew these guys could be something. It's such a great sound to the album as they have lived the rough life in Staines In London, so I'm guessing thats probably the influence behind the album. A great indie record.

Richard Archer may not be the best singer, but certainly has that air about him that suggests he is something special. Personally, I think I can relate to the lyrics he's singing because I've never been in the rough but thats me so he's telling me what it's like. Lyrically, the best song is definitely 'Cash Machine'. Listen to the lyrics and you will see why.

I think Hard-Fi are a one of a king band because they can't be compared to any band I know of. The most impressive songs are 'Cash Machine', 'Living For The Weekend', 'Feltham Is Singing Out' and 'Hard To Beat'. Fantastic.

bluesmandan
    the album is a must have for me, better do better came on the radio after a messy break up with a gf and ever since its been THE song to sing along to. Hard to beat is brilliant aswell, all the songs are good actually, i just wish there was a second disc
    Crash91
    2nd best album this decade so far, only kaiser chiefs' 'employment' is better, but not by much. Every song is superb, the best ones are 'Tied Up Too Tight', 'Hard To Beat', 'Cash Machine' and 'Better Do Better'.