Stars Of CCTV review by Hard-Fi

• Released: Mar 14, 2006
Hard-Fi: Stars Of CCTV

'Stars Of CCTV' was Hard-Fi's debut album, and it was a sensational debut to their career. Many people think that they are influenced by The Clash, because they actually sound like The Clash. When I heard 'Cash Machine', 'Hard To Beat' and 'Tied Up Too Tight', I was impressed of their music, so I decided to buy their album in Woolworths as it was at an offer for 7, and I was impressed with their album. Every song on this album are superb unlike the majority of other albums. This album starts of with 'Cash Machine' and it is a great track to start of the album. There are other great rock songs on this album that didn't get released, such as 'Middle Eastern Holiday', 'Gotta Reason' and 'Feltham Is Singing Out'. Not only Hard-Fi did rock music, but the beautiful 'Move On Now' was a ballad, and it only had piano and minimal drums in it. The last track, named 'Stars Of CCTV', was acoustic and contained a simple bass-line in it. Overall, rock or non-rock, all 11 songs were superb and this album is a must-buy.

Not only I was impressed with Hard-Fi's music, but I was also impressed with Richard Archer's lyrics and his singing skills. His lyrics were amazing. The best lyrics feature in 'Hard To Beat'. The singing skills are great as well.

'Stars Of CCTV' is one of my favourite albums and along with Kaiser Chiefs' 'Employment', they are the best albums of the 2000's. The most impressive songs are 'Cash Machine', 'Tied Up Too Tight', 'Gotta Reason', 'Hard To Beat', 'Better Do Better' and 'Stars Of CCTV'. That is a lot of songs, but the most impressive would have to go to 'Tied Up Too Tight'. What I love about this album was that it was an album that you could not possibly get bored off. If this album got stolen/lost, I would certainly buy it again. To end this review, 'Stars Of CCTV' is a must-buy album for any indie-rock fan.

Deirdre Mac
    hard-Fi are amazing...i saw them in the olympia theatre and the performance was immaculate...i cant wait to go to their next concert...unnecessary trouble is the best song!