Split Your Lip Review

artist: Hardcore Superstar date: 01/27/2011 category: compact discs
Hardcore Superstar: Split Your Lip
Released: Nov 2010
Genre: Sleaze Rock, Glam Metal
Label: Nuclear Blast (SE)/ Abstract Sounds (UK)
 8.6
 9.3
 7.9
review (1) 15 comments vote for this album:
Split Your Lip Reviewed by: RickStorm, on january 27, 2011

Sound: The sound goes back to the selftitled album "Hardcore Superstar" from 2005, which was an major succes. But this one I think is more rebellious and violent than the selftitled album, it's raw and fast like a kick right in your face, and even dough "Here Comes That Sick Bitch Again" is an slow acoustic ballad and "Run To Your Mama" is an piano song ispired by KISS's "Beth" and Black Sabbaths "Changes" the tempo is very, very fast and it its sleazy riffs and drumbeating will drive you nuts. The lyrics are very rebellios to, in a way, and Harcore Superstar knows how to make catchy rhythms and powerfull choruses. And its also recorded live in the studio, as the previous records were not, they wanted it to sound like "domestic violince". // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics is, as I said before, violent and sleazy, just like it should be, and if your a Sleazerock fan, you will love this record. The sound and the lyrics goes together very good, because it's, once again, so violent. And the singer Jocke Berg, is a very talanted singer, hes vioce fits perfectly in with the raw guitars and the fast "go on" drumming, amazing! // 10

Overall Impression: This band has always been "One of a kind" and they're extremely talanted, I don't know any band like this, the closest I can think of is Crashdiet .My favorit songs are " Last call For Alcohol", "Moonshine", "GuestList", "Split Your Lip", but to be honest there all f--kin' great. // 9

Comments