Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone? review by Harvey Danger

• Released: Jul 29, 1997
Harvey Danger: Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone?

Lyrics that are as siplistic yet still intriguing such as " Everything you say to me is dumb. At least it's stupid" or "Fingertips have memories I can't forget the curves of your body. And when I feel a bit naughty I run it up the flagpole and see who salutes but no one ever does".

Harvey Danger's debut album "Where have all the merrymakers gone?" is a quirky, intriguing, and daring collection of ten songs all the while never becoming too quirky or in your face. Although Harvey Danger's past is traced back to a Nirvana cover band from Seattle it's roots come from a different zone entirley. Including New-Wave Rock influences such as Elvis Costello and They Might Be Giants Harvey Danger take pleasure in abiding their time at what they know best, Poking fun at Pop-culture as well as experimenting with offbeat music. The offbeatness of Harvey Danger only makes the album more fascinating, which is probably the reason that prior to the albums release the loser anthem "Flagpole Sitta" was already a smash-hit on college radio. Prove that Harvey Danger Possess something that their influences and predessors never had. This album may leave you asking "Where have all the grunge bands gone?" but it will never leave you asking "When will this song end?"