Attack Of The Wolf King review by Haste the Day

• Released: Jun 29, 2010
Haste the Day: Attack Of The Wolf King

Haste the Day is back with their newest release 'Attack of the Wolf King'. This album has got to be the best I've heard from them so far becvause it has the agressive, raw metalcore sound of the first two albums combined with the more progressive and technical sound of their two latest albums, and adds it's own flavor into the mix. Stephen Keech has definitely refined his vocals from a more gutty sound from 'Dreamer' to a better, unique scream of his own for this release. Dave Krysl's guitar is very good and has many good riffs in the album. Giuseppe Capolupo's drumming is great and his double-basds drumming is perfect. Drum fills are good and his kit sounds good too. Refined and loud, unlike the empty sounding snare or the wierd kick from 'Dreamer'.

Being a christian band, the lyrics are focused towards religious topics, but are good on their own. The lyrics usually stay good and on time except for a few times when they obviously had to squeeze in words. Like I said before, Stephen Keech's vocals are much better and refined from Dreamer. You can also understand his vocals a whole lot more than other vocalists. The clear singing is great and sounds like a flashback to 'When Everything Falls' where literally every song had a melodic chorus. The song "White As Snow" is completely sung out in clear and it is personally my favorite song on the album. "The Place That Most Deny" has a great chorus also. "Travesty" is also one of my favorites on the album and has great song structure.

Haste The Day has always had their own unique sound and made it even better on this release. You can't really compare the entire album to others, but you can compare songs. For instance, "The Place That Most Deny" has a Slipknot-like riff throughout the song. There are many more complex breakdowns like August Burns Red style. In conclusion, this album is a good buy for any metalcore fan. Definitely listen to the entire thing and don't skip songs, because they are all good.

Adam124
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but should use spell check. Pretty bad review tbh.. :/
    haz_uk
    theoldwizard
    ClassicDisaster wrote: regardless, this cd is amazing. better than anything they've done yet.
    Nope. That would be Burning Bridges.
    Bjorney
    NemX162
    haz_uk wrote: i didn't know guitars contained riffs. do you press the mystery 'riff button' and a riff comes out?
    He was saying that his guitar [work] on the album is good. Don't try to be a douche, you know what he meant. It's not an uncommon thing to say "this album has good guitar."
    Jon777
    Nope. That would be Pressure the Hinges. Decent album. I don't really care for the direction HTD has taken, though. Now they just sound like any other metalcore band. They used to have more of a uniqueness.
    Jon777
    Oh, also, I was pleasantly surprised to hear Micah Kinard make a guest appearance on The Place That Most Deny. Awesome vocalist.
    TriviumFan717
    I believe this is HTD's best album yet. Their old stuff is different from their new stuff. Keep in mind also that there is only one original member left in the band.
    justinb904
    I'm not a HTD fan but I listened to the album. As far as metalcore goes it was pretty good but I didn't much care for it due to my own preferences in music.
    bigboo71289
    Bjorney wrote: Good album, terrible review. Un-manifest is definitely one of the best songs i've heard from this band
    Def agree that song has an awesome breakdown. Pressure the Hinges is prolly my favorite album just because it offers so much more than any other album. Lots of breakdowns, great harmonies and choruses (plus its almost 50 min long). Best songs on Attack of the Wolf King IMO are Dog Like Vultures, The Un-Manifest, and White as Snow.
    justinmccoy_21
    This is the first time I have ever listened to haste the day and absolutely love this album. Def buying it.