Fury & Flames review by Hate Eternal

• Released: Feb 19, 2008
Hate Eternal: Fury & Flames

Upon what line does "brutal technical death metal" cross and tread into the zone of "Unintelligible Blasphemy"? Maybe when you listen to "Hell Envenom", the first blistering track off of Hate Eternal's "Fury & Flames" CD. A crushing force of fast, unstoppable destruction. This CD is extremely heavy, and by no means an album you should use as your first delve into metal. I couldn't believe the brutality that comes with this CD. Erik Rutan is a very passionate vocalist with an endless supply of stamina.

The lyrics are the selling point of the album this time. A lot of influence being drawn from Jared Andersons depressing passing. You can see the anguish and sadness coming through the endless drums and crunching guitar riffs. Songs like "Bringer of Storms" show such an immense lyrical theme, and others like "Para Bellum" and "Thus Salvation" also show these traits. You may want to refer to the CD booklet in case you can't understand what Erik is saying. (Don't worry. I had to, as well).

I love this kind of metal, so I found it very pleasing. Maybe someone who is more acquainted with bands like "Sky Eats Airplane" may have some trouble listening and in the long run have some gastrointestinal issues appear, anyone who is a fan of Morbid Angel or any extreme death metal band should give this CD a whirl.