Fury & Flames review by Hate Eternal

• Released: Feb 19, 2008
Hate Eternal: Fury & Flames

As many have said before, the sound is great. I consider it to be very unique. Basically it's bass driven, which means that bass levels are turned up really high(mainly the bass guitar and drums). This gives the entire album an incredible strong and brutal sound. Guitar riffs stand for themselves, however due to they are low pitched, you may not hear them well. I, monarch had a (much) lighter sound compared to Fury & Flames, and to me, it was a great improvement. It's catchy, it's aggressive, however sometimes it's just unnecessary and more than it should be. I've heard people complaining about it, and I admit, it really depends on the person wether he likes it or not. Must give it a listen.

Also, as mentioned before, lyrics are apart from other usual death metal lyrics like 'kill your mother rape your father growl growl growl', this time lyrics have a personal connection to Rutan, depicting his rage, his pain and his fury. Not to poetical, still stand for themselves. I can assimilate with them sometimes when I'm in my 'world demolisher' mood, they match my feelings, as the music in general as well. And anyway, you can barely understand them thanks to Rutans' brutal sonic power. It's incredible and fantastic again, one of the best voices killing out there.

I can't say anything but how much I love this album. It's very unique, there's nothing like this out there to date. Almost every song is a favourate, for example opening hell envenom, whom gods may destroy, para bellum, bringer of storms, the funerary march..there's no point in listing them, I like all of them. Some can say they are repetative, which is admitable, but I prefer to have uniquely new songs. I've been listening to this album since it came out and O still adore it. I think it's equal to I, Monarch in it's own way, because it's simply different, yet great. I like the power, the groovyness, the sound, the fast paced songs, the none stop brutality, everything. Give it a try and try to catch the feeling, once you're on, you will be unable to get off it. Oh yeah, I would buy it again 3 copies at once, in case I would loose them again and it would sell out.