The Rise of Brutality review by Hatebreed

• Released: Oct 28, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Hatebreed: The Rise of Brutality

Heavy as hell, absolutely no rest bite the whole way through, thunderous guitars, pounding drums and rolling bass. The songs are fast furious and probably the least subtle I have heard in years. As far as this department goes, all is well!

As far as this department goes not to good! Lyrics are repetative and cliched, constantly revolving round the subjest of finding the truth (whatever the hell that is? ) and the delivery is harsh and with lack of variance making the songs harder to listen to than they should be. The levels of energy are immense but maybe a bit to immense?

A good albumn but that is about as far as it goes, the songs seem repetitative after a while and apart from a couple of standouts such as 'Live For This' there is little new here.

MaGgOt_13
    I have this album and I think it kicks ass! But i guess everyones entitled to their own opinion...
    IrishDude
    This album is all i can say, probably the greatest record i have bought in the last year... Takes a while to get into the hatebreed contex but its pure magic after a while!!!!
    zakkwaterpark
    Not as good as perserverance but...still damn good. I don't like straight to your face, but the rest is great.