Smile It's The End Of The World review by Hawk Nelson

• Released: Apr 4, 2006
Hawk Nelson: Smile It's The End Of The World

Hawk Nelson: In my oppinion, one of the greatest punk bands ever. Their debut album, "Saturday Rock Action," did not get much action. Their follow-up CD, "Letters To The President," was so successfull that the band re-released the CD with 3 new songs and 2 additional tracks. "Smile, It's The End Of The World" is a great CD that expresses their musical diversity. With a new guitarist, Jonathan, Hawk Nelson seems to be a little more punk and a little less pop.

For anyone who wants to check this album out, but is unsure of what they are going to hear, here is a track by track review of the CD. 01. The One Thing I Have Left - a great description of Hawk Nelson. Strong vocals backed by great guitar and drum power. The bass isn't as strong in this song as in the others. 02. The Show - one of my personal favorites on the new CD. Punk guitar, bass plays well, and the drums are great as usual (thanks to Squid aka Aaron). Vocals by Jason (lead vocals) and Daniel (bass) sing a very uplifting song with great energy. 03. Bring 'em Out - featured on the Paramount Motion Picture, "Yours, Mine, & Ours," the only difference is that it doesn't have Drake Bell on vocals. A fun song with a sweet solo (something that the previous CD lacked). 04. Everything You Ever Wanted - slower love song. Not much to say about the sound. Drums are awesome, guitar is alright, and bass is well played and not too hard to hear. 05. Something On My Mind - Jason's piano skills are displayed in this upbeat song that sounds like a punk rendition of blues. The guitar and piano sound great together and the vocals are superb. 06. Is Forever Enough - a bit harder than the rest of the songs but sounds great. This song shows the bands faith and is a great expression of what they believe. 07. Zero - anther genius piano piece by Jason. A song about suicide that once again reflects Hawk's former style. 08. Nothing Left To Show - a sweet punk song that many teens and punks can relate to. The guitar is pretty crazy but it has a beautiful piano bridge and is probably going to be one of the favorites on their CD. 09. Head On Collision - again, something that many of us can relate to. Hawk does a great job of combining their softer music with their new found punk sound. Not exactly a party song but a good one none the less. 10. Hello - this song reminds me of myself. The Drums again play beautifully and this is definitely a great party song. Who doesn't love a kazoo solo? 11. It's Over - a cool song with a strong guitar and bass. The drums are sweet and the vocals just can't be beat! 12. Fourteen - a chance for us to see what Jason can really do with his voice. The piano is the main instrument in this song. Slow and touching with the lyrics seeming to tie into anyone's life.

I have never had any music on my PSP that even came close to this CD (besides Blink 182, of course). If you're looking for a great punk CD with a positive message, then "Smile, It's The End Of The World" is for you.

downwefall72
    This is an awesome CD. Hawk Nelson is a great punk band, if it is what anyone is looking for. On Bring 'Em Out. There isn't a difference. On Your's, Mine, & Ours Drake Bell only had vocals on one verse, which you can barely hear. All the slow songs, and fast beats blend in to each other. This band hs it.
    surrender2him
    guitarfreak042 wrote: this shit ****ing sucks there the worst band ever made those dumb **** shit heads they suck they think they are good and they cant play ****ing music
    ok, so i understand that you don't like them but do you have to use such obscenities, dude? i mean come on this is a christian band for gosakes...in other words christian listeners...
    buried_a_lie
    Hawk nelson rules, and something i dont understand is why ppl look at the reviews if they dont like them..cough*guitarfreak042*coug h
    cannibal pirate
    This coming from the guy who likes Nickelback, Green Day, Bush, My Chemical Romance, blink-182, and Coldplay.
    holybassbatman!
    Letters To The President was kind of annoying but if this is more punk and less pop then it should be ok.
    top_hat_rocker1
    haven't heard this band, are they an actual punk band (eg, Ramones, Black Flag) or some shitty pop/punk band from america (eg, Simple Plan, All American Rejects)???
    Buzz Saw
    As long as you keep rocking in the free world i dont give a f u cck what you listen to or play.