Smile It's The End Of The World review by Hawk Nelson

• Released: Apr 4, 2006
Hawk Nelson: Smile It's The End Of The World

I play bass in our youth band at church, and our drummer introduced this band to me, so I just bought this CD because it was their newest CD at the time. I was extremely impressed with the lead singer, Jason Dunn's, voice. I personally have a high tenor type voice, so that is mainly the kind of vocals I am attracted to, so I was instantly impressed over that, but also the style of guitar solos in this CD impressed me as well because they aren't too complicated, but they still fit in the songs perfectly. They remind me a lot of bands like Relient K, Stellar Kart, Simple Plan, etc. Since I discovered this CD, I have also purchased their other two main CD's: Saturday Rock Action, and Letters to the President.

This is a very nice sounding Christian band with powerful lyrics. Although the lyrics aren't all directly related to Christian beliefs, the voice of Jason Dunn fills me at least with the presence of God (I don't know about you, but it does me). I went to see Hawk Nelson in concert here in Alabama, and it was a small concert, so I got to chill with the group and ask them a few questions, and I asked Jason Dunn what inspired him, and he told me that he really didn't think he was that good of a singer, just that everyone kept pushing him to do it because they said he was good, so he did. He also told me that it didn't matter how your voice sounds, only what you're singing about matters.

This album is just as good, if not better, than Letters to the President, but it is hard to compare these two because of how well the two albums are recorded. My favorites from Smile, it's the End of the World are The One Thing I Have Left, Everything You Ever Wanted, Zero, Something On My Mind, and It's Over. I love the fact that they are willing to but so much effort into writing songs that both praise the Lord and entertain others, and there's really nothing that I can think of that I dislike about the album other than the song Hello. If my copy was stolen or lost I would definately 100% buy it again because of how often I listen to it.

chapaton3
    guitarfreak042 wrote: this shit ****ing sucks there the worst band ever made those dumb **** shit heads they suck they think they are good and they cant play ****ing music This guy that wrote this is a deuche and he doesnt know how to play good music. Hawk Nelson Owns Live and This is one awesome cd.