Smile It's The End Of The World review by Hawk Nelson

• Released: Apr 4, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
Hawk Nelson: Smile It's The End Of The World

This album was not amazing. It consists of punk, punk pop, and some punk revival. Most of the songs were slow and boring. They sound like a different bandsince they had their first album. The songs on this album did not have amazing guitars, or drums. They could have used heavier guitars or more bass, but they didn't. The band kind of reminded me of a light pop rock band that tried to get famous.

The lyrics were alright in some of the songs, but I failed to see the christianity in this group. They claim to be Christains, and I don't doubt that with their hearts, but I doubt it with the lyrics. It is not like they had anything bad, it is just that I failed to see Christain aspects in the song. I do not have anything against mainstream music, I actually LOVE it, the only thing is that if you claim to be a Christain band, you should show it.

Overall I was not pleased with the album. I recommend their older one. Although I did not like this album there was two songs I happened to enjoy. Those songs were "The Show" and "The one thing I have left". I would be in no hurry to buy this album if it were lost or stolen. There was one cool thing that came with this album, and that was a Hawk Nelson poster, but other than that I was dissapointed.

Invisible Girl
    i think hawk nelson rocks!! they're pretty awesome guys!! ya'll who keep sayin that they suck and can't play good music, and they're just another crappy punk band...you need to take a step back and look at yourself...whoever says all that stuff is probably just jealous cuz they know that they suck, so they bring down some other band...hawk nelson rocks for christ!!! and there's nothing better than that! i love you guys!!
    I am punk "BF"
    top_hat_rocker1 wrote: haven't heard this band, are they an actual punk band (eg, Ramones, Black Flag) or some shitty pop/punk band from america (eg, Simple Plan, All American Rejects)???
    They are terrible. they pose as punks i guess. the music is NOT NOT NOT punk
    chapaton3
    man hawk nelson really owns they are amazing live. they are one of the few bands that sound like their cd.
    Mike17
    Hawk nelson is mostly pop punk, but their newest album hawk nelson is my friend seems to take a more punky approach with songs like "You have what i need" this album too definately has some punkers like the intro one or is forever enough?
    Drinkcocola
    I love this band and all of their CD's...With their new CD comming out pretty soon Im really excited to hear their newer stuff. They play great live, their music is really catchy, and all in all...Its just fun to jam out to and easy to sing and play
    thesecondman
    hnfan4eva
    surrender2him wrote: guitarfreak042 wrote: this shit ****ing sucks there the worst band ever made those dumb **** shit heads they suck they think they are good and they cant play ****ing music ok, so i understand that you don't like them but do you have to use such obscenities, dude? i mean come on this is a christian band for gosakes...in other words christian listeners...
    yeah i agree w/ the second dude...the first one is a crackhead. why comment if u dont care about them? from wat im getting from these reveiws, its either u love them or u hate them. i love them and always have. this is my fav cd by them.
    hnfan4eva
    hnfan4eva wrote: thesecondman wrote: To the one that complained about their lack of Christian lyrics... Just because one doesn't say the name "Jesus" or "God" in a song doesn't mean the song isn't about Him. For instance "Is Forever Enough" is a song about the forgiveness of Christ. I will agree that a lot of the other songs are not specifically worship songs, but they are about struggles in life, and provide encouragement. Not all Christian bands need to mention Christ. I mean, it's great if they do, but that turns a lot of people off. Let's look at Switchfoot. I haven't heard one Switchfoot song that mentions Him by name. Would you like to refute that they are a Christian band? I didn't think so. this guy knows what hes talkin bout(seriously,not being sarcastic at all) dude go review on hawk nelson is my friend!! u gotta fight down some ppl with bad taste in music.
    btw did u get ur screen name from that one switchfoot song...im not sure but is it yesterdays? i love that song. u rock
    hnfan4eva
    from what im getting from these comments ppl either love or hate hawk nelson. i love them. i dont know what crackhead wouldnt, but u know the worlds messed up.