Fragile Future review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Aug 5, 2008
Hawthorne Heights: Fragile Future

Their sound is more or less what people today would call "emotional hardcore/pop rock", on their previous albums, they were more depressing and screamo sounding. On Fragile Future, they sound is a little more poppy, and not as sad sounding. I understand this, though, as their screamer/guitarist passed away in November '07, Casey Calvert(R.I.P). One thing that surprised me is the number of guitar solos, like in Corps of Corpses and Rescue me, there are on Fragile Future. They usually(and bands in their genre generally) don't have many guitar solos, but Micah Carli, their lead guitarist, doesn't disappoint me in this one.

The lyrics are, as Hawthorne Heights' lyrics usually are, very personal and emotional. They combine very emotional and catchy choruses with great verses, which forms into deep songs we can all relate to sometimes.

Fragile Futures is, in my opinion, not as good as their other work (their 2 other albums) but is definitely worth the money. The other albums from them had more emotional verses and choruses, but this album has more catchy songs and riffs. I love how you can tell they really tried to put as much effort as they can in this album, which shows. I don't like how they kind of ignored their old fans(such as myself) who enjoyed their older work, as in, now their more 'poppy'. Overall, worth buying and if you don't like them, or never heard of them, give them a try.