If Only Your Were Lonely review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Feb 28, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
Hawthorne Heights: If Only Your Were Lonely

Hawthorne Heights sophomore album is, let's just say, somewhat of a dissapointment. After all the advertising they had for it, and how much they talked it up on various music shows, I thought it would be amazing. However, after hearing Saying Sorry, I was very dissapointed. I thought though, when I bought the album that there would be some really good songs on there. When I bought it, I was let down once again. There's about 2-3 good songs on there. "This Is Who We Are," "Language Lessons" and "December" are basically the only songs worth listening to. On top of everything else, the emo-ness is ridiculous. The vocals are so whiny. Their first album was a lot more real, this album, is them trying more to fit into the emo scene, and they really did it. The whole album, all they basically do is whine, it gets really old.

The lyrics are decent. I like the first album a lot better. These lyrics are kind cheesy, especially on "Saying Sorry." The lyrics go very well with the music, but the music isn't the greatest I've heard anyway. The singing is horrible. Emo has reached a new low. They try so hard to be emo. I really think they could have done better with this album.

Hawthorne Heights first album is a lot better than this album. If this was your first taste of Hawthorne Heights, than I'm sorry. Because they really are an amazing band, but this album is sub-par beyong imagination. Best songs are "This Is Who We Are," "Language Lessons" and "December." The emo singing really needs to die. They try way to hard, and after about 2 minutes it just gets to whining. If this was stolen, I would not buy the same CD. I would download the 3 good songs on the album.

xXbleed4meXx
    this cd was terrible...i thought the songs would be better, but this sounds like a debut album.
    schroederc
    quit knockin the album. if you didnt like it go find another band to listen to.