If Only Your Were Lonely review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Feb 28, 2006
Hawthorne Heights: If Only Your Were Lonely

About a year ago, I heard Hawthorne Height's first hit, "Ohio Is For Lovers" from their first album, "The Silence In Black And White." And I knew it was love at first sight, sound I mean. Their first album was great, and their follow up, sophmore album, "If Only You Were Lonely" which came out Febuary 28th, with their third hit "Saying Sorry," was a phenomenon. Their alubm illustrates how lonely it can be, when you're away from the ones you love. The confusion, frustration, and heart breaking anguish, that leaves your heart broken in two, but then, you find that missing person, and everything's all right again. The two versions of "If Only You Were Lonely" illustrate a story when put together. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but my best guess is. A new kid moved to town one day, he was lonely, afraid, and scared in this new town. But then he met a girl who eventually became his best friend. They became inseparable. But then, the boy moved away again, and the two were heartbroken. They promised to stay in touch, and they did for years. But eventually they grew apart, and they both had dreams about eachother, trying to get to one another. The same recurring dream every night. Then finally, they found eachother, and expressed eachothers love for one another. It really is a great album. They take, emo, post-hardcore, and some hard rock, and combine the three together to make great music, with their own sound and originallity.

J. T. Woodruff, lead singer of Hawthorne Heights, and their screaming back up singer, Casey Calvert, bring their own new sound, and originallity to the lyrics of their new album. They're like no other band out their, with their willingness to explore a whole new type of music, and the outgoing vocals. J. T. has a smooth, soft voice that really reaches out to you, and really brings you closer to the song. Then, blown away by Casey's rough and coarse vocals, that make you want more of this album. Their lyrics, tie into the guitars, and drums, which blend together to make great hits such as "Saying Sorry," "Where Can I Stab Myself In The Ears?" and "This Is Who We Are."

Hawthorne Height's new twist one emo, post hardcore, and hard rock makes a whole new orginal sound, which gives you "If Only You Were Lonely." Their somewhat of an outcast, with their different sounds of music, but still tie into the blend of all the other great bands out their. I love the three guitarists, with their insane guitar parts, and the out goingness of the drums and bass. The only thing that I hate about the CD is when I get done listening to "Decembers" then the CD is over. If I were to lose this CD, I would buy it again in a heart beat.

xXbleed4meXx
    dude, this is a pretty terrible album...i've tried to like it, ive listened to it like at least 3 times all the way through...its just terrible. but yaknow thats an opinion, everybody's got one.
    ACDC4Life
    i wasn't really feeling the silence in black and white but this cd is killing the silence... Every song on this album is great especially saying sorry.
    ACDC4Life
    hey xxbleed4mexx if u hate it so much why have u listened to it 3 times straight through