If Only Your Were Lonely review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Feb 28, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Hawthorne Heights: If Only Your Were Lonely

Hawthorne Heights are among my most hated bands in existence (which is very large considering how crappy todays music is). Whenever I hear "Saying Sorry" on the radio or see it on TV I want to blow my brains in. As a musician it infuriates me that I can create a masterpiece and still live paycheck to paycheck while people with no talent like this band can play the same thing over and over and sing crappy lyrics over and over and be stars. I ca't express through words how upset this band makes me and how badly I want them to fail along with every other modern band with no talent.

The lowest you can rate on this scale is a 1 but if I could I would give the lyrics to this album a 0. When I went to my friends house(a fan of this band, a fact that almost threatened our friendship) I was subjected to listening to this album and I am suprised I'm still alive to write this review. Is it just me or are whinny lyrics about love with screaming in the middle unbelieveably annoying? If you want to listen to real music I suggest that you steer clear of this band or any other band in this genre and listen to classic rock.

I hate this band, period. I would rather hear microphone feedback for 24 hours straight than listen to Hawthorne Heights. I suggest that you join my crusade to revive the classic rock sound like Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Rush, etc. If you listen to this album and know what real talent is you will see what this band lacks, and that is talent.

Modernmusich8er
    This band, along with every other band out right now, has no talent and it pisses me off as a serious guitarist that these guy's are rich even though they suck at every instrument they play. I consider myself a good guitarist(people i don't even know tell me i should be famous) but i'm not famous, these guy's are, and they suck. I'm not knocking on the fans of this band, you're entitliled to your own opinion, i'm knocking on this shitty band that has no reason to be famous because they are so untalented.
    dealwithitdude
    jj1565
    Maggotkiller wrote: People who listen to emo*****
    Warning. spam, flaming deleted.
    JesusOfSbrbia
    Hawthorne Heights is one of those bands that never should have made it to a record label, never should have been on the radio or MTV, for the simple fact that they have no talent at all. They're completely and totally unoriginal in everthing they do. The lead singer can't sing worth a crap, the backup singer with his pointless screaming ticks me off, the songwriting is, as I said before, totally unoriginal and talentless, the drummer sucks, the guitarist(s) suck (overdubbing tons of guitar tracks just makes their crappy playing sound worse) and I overall hate this band, and almost everyone who listens to them. They're the embodiment of everything that has destryoed music in the post-grunge, post-1994 modern rock scene. I hope they die in a fire.
    Modernmusich8er
    dealwithitdude wrote: okay i'm gonna leave my opinion on the album out of this all... so Modernmusich8er you hate the band. and reading your posts i guess the reason why you don't like them seems to be jealousy because you think you should be in their place because you're better. okay, i don't care...could even be. i don't know. but you obviously can't write an at least more or less objective review about the quality of the music so just shut up.
    at least admit that they can't play for a shit and almost anyone can pick up a guitar or jump on a drum set and be as good as them in a month or 2. Keep in mind they are supposed to be PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS and playing at a low level pisses me off. I'll probably never be famous but i'll still fight to make it a requirement to be good at what you do in this industry.
    Bored_2_Death
    i personally dont like emo music but if the song is good the who gives a ****??? if u dont like it then ok. but u dont have 2 say that emo music is full of shit. if u want 2 talk about music thats full of shit then talk about rap or hip-hop