If Only Your Were Lonely review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Feb 28, 2006
Hawthorne Heights: If Only Your Were Lonely

In thier first album (the silence in black and white) they showed a sighed of the band that is a lot darker then this album (if only you were only). For this album they showed a lot of aggresivness'and a punk rock kinda situation then their darker emo type on their 1st album. They put a lot of thinking into this album to show who they really are, and they really through this album at you before ur eyes. I never did like Hawthorne Heights, but when I listened to this album I was amazed and how rad it was from beginning to end. Overal this is a great albumm and one of my favs.

In this album the lyrics were a lot stronger and agressive then their 1st, the lyrics in the 1st album are somewhat what the lyrics are in this one, but the lyrics in this album are really bold and the singer did a great job with the lyrics this album. The singer skills I think are a lot better in this album then the 1st, a lot more broader voice and really good screamo. The lead singer has a good voice, but I think if ur in band u dont need a real good singer so it's all good.

This album is amazing it doesn't compare to their 1st. I can't really compare it to other albums or anything it is just a raelly good album. I'd say that the most impressive songs on this album are "this is who we are" because its a great start for an album that is so aggressive and mind shredding it gives a new taste of what to expect from Hawthorne Heights but also a Hawthorne Heights that u new before listening to the album. Also another song that is really crazy is "Where I stab myself in the ears" this song is a good lyricaly well done song and it's really hardcore. If my cd was stolen I'd go buy 2 more if only you were lonely just in case one of them gets stolen again so I have another one.

punkrockpirate
    tgbass100 wrote: i agree with kevinmawae25. If there werent emotion in music, it WOULDNT EVEN BE GOOD! I say more things should be emo. Like my grass!That way it would cut itself!
    See, that's what people are making fun of and mad about when we say "emo". Don't be stupid enough to think we just hate "emotion in music". You're right, the best music has emotion to it, and it all should. But the whole emo (the stereotypical emo, the fad form of emo) thing like cutting yourself and the black hair and the devil's locks and whatever. Come on, people. Also, Hawthorne Heights are just terrible. Boring and overproduced, manufactured pop-punk/emo/whatever, its just bad. My two cents.
    irockonguitar
    IF YOU DONT LIKE EMO MUSIC, THEN DONT FU***** BUY THIS ALBUM!!!!! IT FU**ING RULES BUT I HATE SEEING ALL THESE BAD REVEIWS ON IT, THEY PROBALLY DONT EVEN HAVE THE CD!! HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS ARE PUR EMO, PURE EMO IS GOOD, ANY EMO IS GOOD. EMOTIONAL LYRICS MEAN EVERYTHING.
    boyan89
    dont slit ur wrists its a bad thing 2 do like what the hell u dont have a miserable life