If Only Your Were Lonely review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Feb 28, 2006
Hawthorne Heights: If Only Your Were Lonely

The band was best at this CD. Personally this cd was so much more lively and better than the first. You could call it a better revised edition of the first CD. This album wasn't as creative, just because every song uses these 3 power chords 664, 442, and 220. Every single song is based off those 3 chords and it gets old after awhile. The story is about a guy and a girl moving away from each other I think, and then both of the parents on the girl's and guy's side get them frustrated, so the boy and girl move back to their old house. This CD was impressive though, with catchy lyircs and some really cool sounding guitar riffs.even though this cd has less screaming, it gets the job done.

The lyrics were catchy, but not as emotional as the first CD. The music fit the vocals perfectly. The vocals of JT, casey and matt made the cd smooth and not flawed. JT's vocal quality isn't bad, and not the best but it gets the job done and was an excellent choice for vocals. Casey's screaming fits perfect on the right moments.

I don't really compare CDs, I really just listen to them and see the similar things. Well I listen to taking back sunday, Fall Out Boy, All-American Rejcts, Relient K and all that punk/pop/post hard core stuff. If this CD was stolen I would buy this again because my CD is autorgraphed buy the band, and I would chase the guy down who stole my CD.