If Only Your Were Lonely review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Feb 28, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Hawthorne Heights: If Only Your Were Lonely

Hawthorne Heights is yet another emo band people now listen to. Their new album provides a cleaner sound than their previous album. I'm not sure but it sounds like there is a flanger or studio effect added. The bass is decent and the drums sounds the same like from most bands. One bad thing I don't like about the sound is that most of the guitar riffs sound the same on this album. One of the unique things about this band is instead of the basic line-up of rhythm guitarist, lead guitarist, bassist, and a drummer seen in most bands, Hawthorne Heights has 3 guitarists.

The weakest point of this album is probably the lyrics. Some of the lyrics are kinda catchy but the others are just annoying. I especially hate the screaming thing that one of the 3 guitarists or the bassist does. It makes a song worse and it's just really annoying to listen to. The screamings is just plain shit. The lead singer's voice is decent but it gets annoying to listen after a while.

Overall, this is a very slightly above average album. It has strong points and really bad points. My favorite songs on this album are If Only You Were Lonely, Pens And Needles, and Saying Sorry. The thing I hate most about this album is the screaming. It's nothing special and it's just really, really, really, really, annoying. If you want to listen to bands that do the screaming good, take my advice and listen to AFI for Davey Havok's vocals and System Of A Down for Daron Malakian's occasional screaming.

fret13
    i like this cd but it was not as good as the first one and yeah light sleeper is a heaping load of horse crap and slitting wrists is wierd but i think hawthorne heights rules
    urmom321
    i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself o ya i like this this albulm but the other one is awsome