If Only Your Were Lonely review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Feb 28, 2006
Hawthorne Heights: If Only Your Were Lonely

I've always been an HH fan ever since I bought The Silence In Black And White and I thought that they were awesome. I bought this CD and still being awestruck from the first one liked it. If I wrote this review when I bought this CD I would have given the entire thing a 10 but now it's just obnoxious. The sound is very acceptional nothing wrong with it the lead singer sounds the same and the guitars have definately put in a lot more effort. The bass line is not much different from rhythm guitar. People who call this emo are wrong this is not emo, the lyrics sound emo, but the style isnt I can't put my finger on what it is though.

The lyrics suck. that is all I have to say. All of them are about love and being apart and if it's not that then the lyrics make no sence what'soever. "Your such a light sleeper", "Breathing\in the same sequence." I mean who cares and why. HH has a good way of making a tune but they need to work on the lyrics.

This is probibly the wrost CD I own next to Thousand Foot Krutch Penomenon. If this was the first time youve heard of HH I'm sorry you should have gotten their first album. The only good song is This Is Who We Are. If I lost it it wouldn't matter I have both covers.

xQuitEveryGamex
    I bought their first CD and was so amazed. I liked every song on it! Which is not usual for me. So I knew I had to go out and get this one. When I got it I was amazed once again at their great sound. I liked every song! Great bamd.
    hobo467 wrote: Too many metal kids and stoners (classic rock lovers, sorry) blast every pop, punk and emo band that ever comes out. Let me be the first to offer you a warm glass of shut the hell up. No one wants to hear your bitching about how much emo sucks. I don't go blasting Zeppelin every second of my life even though I hate them. Stop whining, dammit.
    Modernmusich8er : You just stereotyped classic rock fans in a very ignorant way. I get the impression that you listen to emo (like HH) so I guess that automatically have to cut your wrists and cry in your pillow. Don't stereotype, it's dumb! Another reason you can't bash on Zeppelin is because so few people agree with you and will get torn apart by every real musician on this site.
    I agree with hobo. It IS true that most classic rock listeners along with just about every other type of rock listeners have a fetish for bitching about emo. I really believe the idea of "if you don't like it don't listen to it" would do you some good.
    Hawthorne_chic
    Okay, you guys just dont understand what the guys in HH has gone through. You guys have no idea what it's like to have that type of pain in you life.Have you ever been in a long distance with somone you were absouteley in love with. Not just "oh yea I love you" but real love! I guess not. There are some things in their songs that would sound like something else if you haven't been in their situation before. You have to really listen to the lyrics. Those guys saved my life. Before i thought I was alone in feeling certain ways about things but then i listened to a few of their songs and I'm hooked, I know I'm not alone now!!
    lovelikerain
    i just started listening to hawthorne heights in the past year and when i heard there first song i fell in love, niki fm and dead in the water are frickin' unbeleiveable!!!!!
    lovelikerain
    i just started listening to hawthorne heights in the past year and when i hear there first song i fell in love, niki fm and dead in the water are frickin' unbeleiveable!!!!!
    lovelikerain
    mathew123 is wrong emo isn't gona die out it just got found in the next 2-4 years its all that will be heard, and i hope so its ausome!
    lovelikerain
    hawthorne_chic is right you can't just think of the lyrics as just a bunch of words you gotta think of what there saying, and kevin watever your name is was right without emotion music would suck, thats why i'm a huge emo-rock fan, (o and Tbass 100 lol on the grass pun)
    Something-Cool4
    avenged_lover06 : xgrindcorex wrote: randomkiller wrote: xgrindcorex wrote: I love all the kiddies here who listen to shit like avenged sevenfold, metallica, trivium, korn, disturbed, etc. and have the nerve to say that emo sucks. I guarantee that everyone in this thread who says emo sucks, cannot even name one real emo band. i can, i know what emo is, its not HH, HH is screamo or emocore, not emo, emo is slower and more winey. the guitarists arent that good, their lyrics are winey, but thats how they get through their lives, just like goth people, or many other routines, every does at least one thing the same way every single day, and emo kids are hated because they differ, i know im sounding like a therapist, but you guys hate on people cause they're not you, and they like certain bands(but green day does suck, dont deny it) and HH are also just some more emo kids, but they play music, and some people like them, and some dont..... HH KICKS ASS!!! HH isn't real emo. This goes for all of you, if you don't know what emo is, don't be an ignorant asshat and bash it, and say it sucks. Chances are your taste in music is terrible like everyone else in this godawful review.
    I love A7X, and all the other bands that u quoted and i agree. HH isn't really emo their kinda scene. They look and try to sound emo but the people aren't emo at all.
    boyan89
    im actually surprised ppl hate Led Zeppelin and I agreee with SnowMan1!
    SnowMan1
    The reason some people write shit about this band is because more or less true. Their needs to be people who hates what ever for every band. Even Zeppelin and Queen. (maby not zeppelin)
    SnowMan1
    If these guys miss their girlfriends so much and and write shit because they want them why dont they stop making crappy music and go back to them, find another job.
    boyan89
    um Hawthorne Chick who cares they should make some real music and stop whining!
    boyan89
    i agree with BlackThirdEye and mostly Modernmusich8er because HH have no talent whatssover im sorry im just stating my opinion! nice job on the review Modernmusic8er it was amazing! i think Hawhtorne Heights shoudl stop being posers and find something to do with their lifes!
    BlackThirdEye
    Please, these guys suck major wang. If this is an improvement over their last album, then what'd they do? Just mumble and moan through the last one? It's the same line over..And over...And over..and over..And over...And over again, it's time to say goodbye HH, let me slit your throat and black your eyes, that way we can all fall asleep and forget that this nightmare ever occured!
    cyclonus78
    This aint an album, its a cd of whining. Saying Sorry is among one of the lamest songs on earth regarding the lyrics and it made me nearly scream in anger at the TV upon hearing that chorus while I was trying to do some work. I have had it with Emo style music and I wish garbage like this would just fade out already cause its getting beyond a joke
    Gibson_SG_uzr55
    Cool. A guitar solo on Breathing Sequence. It's about time, I love it when newer bands solo b/c it shows how talented thier guitarists are. And Micah Carli is preety damn talented,
    MEmmett
    Musich8er's review really is poor. It wasn't a review, it was just a slagging off. This is bad but classic rock is worse, absolutely god awful.
    boyan89
    the band sucks i swear i used to like them but then i heard this album again and it was pure emo!!it got stolen and im sitting here do nothing hooray hurrah actually both of them got stolen!!i listen to real music now with solos which is mostly metal!!
    orion284
    musiclover.6 wrote: dude. all you people saying that they go way over board with the emo crap and that they cant get a girlfriend?. you guys are pretty ****in stupied. first of all they are a "emo" band. what the **** are they suppose to write about they dont write that shit all these rappers writting about grillz? wtf? and jt, casey, and eron have girlfriends. there songs are about there life back in the past and what a typical boy or girl is going threw life. problems with feelings and emotions we go threw. it ****in happens to you. all you people that are dissing the. you went threw the same thing at one point of your life. and if you are so good at playing music and writting songs. since you think they suck why dont you get your ass off the computer and do something? dont like them? DONT SAY ANYTHING you stupied ****s. diss a band? okay does not make you anymore if a person it just labels you as a ass hole. YAY!! for you. i am so happy for you. OTHER THEN THAT. you guys rock! =]
    very true.
    musiclover.6
    skatebrdr2k1
    It seems to me that most of the people dissing hawthorne heights have just heard "ohio is for lovers" first of all, before judging, howabout you actually listen to something other than that. second, why the hell are you in here if you dont like them? go somewhere else. i saw them at the nintendo fusion tour and they were amazing, and im not really a hawthorne heights fan
    fret13
    i got to see them at the fusion tour and they werent all that great, just very very loud. but at least they did better than the Sleeping.
    Guitarist-82
    Hawthorne Heights is ****ing amazing and I don't giva a shit what anyone says. I'm more of a HH fan than any of you poser ****s out there I know just about everything there is to know about HH and I will continue to feel the same way I do despite any of these fags Saying Shit about Hawthorne Heights.
    xQuitEveryGamex
    Seriously. Killswitch, lol, I don't even know what to say about that...except that it's pretty stupid.
    Vin2254
    Killswitch31 wrote: I dont really care for Emo music, its the kids that try to act Emo, by cutting their wrists, and wearing all this black makeup, that I have a problem with. Hawthorne Heights has been a successful band lately, and I respect that. I still dont like their music, but I respect them by drawing a lot of fans to their concerts. But its there fans that annoy the hell out of me. They think that by cutting their wrists, and dressing up like Goths, and wearing all this makeup, is going to earn them some respect, when its gonna earn them a hard punch in the face. We have some Emo/Goth kids at our school, that: 1. Smoke drugs 2. Cut their wrists 3. Try to sell drugs to other kids 4. Are just plain annoying I mean, when you gets kids that are cutting their wrists, having suicidal thoughts, and doing drugs/trying to sell them to kids, they have problems. They also act like little freaks anytime you try to talk to them. Also, about S.O.A.D., I used to like them. When I heard Aeriels, I fell in love with them. I love their Toxicity album, but then when Hypnotize & Mezermise came out, I lost alot of respect for them. Most of their lyrics can get annoying, and confusing on what their saying. Also, its the repetitive notes that they sing for 6-10 words at a time that just drives me crazy. As for their actual playing, I think they have talent, but there are waaay better bands out their. I like to listen to some Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage, Cradle Of Filth, Arch Enemy, and Guns N' Roses. Now those bands have talent! Anyway, HH has done good in the past years, as being Emo/Screamo, but stop having little freak fans.
    You are incredibly ignorant. By calling them freaks or goths your just making the problem worse. Why dont you try talking to them about their problems and why they act like they do. Oh and I NEVER thought I would see the day when a Cradle Of Filth fan complained about kids wearing black makeup.
    lovelikerain
    i agree with redrumydoolb with the fact that brand new is good, in fact there toatly wicked there like in my top 5, but emotionly HH wipes the floor with 'em P.S. i didn't mean to double post my last comment