If Only Your Were Lonely review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Feb 28, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Hawthorne Heights: If Only Your Were Lonely

It was pretty good but it could have been a little better. The vocals were okay and the guitars were not to great. In "This is who we are" the vocals were a little better. Tdrums were okay but still they were not great. There was minor screaming in this album and it was pretty light. The first song I have ever heard from this band was "ohio is for lovers" but none of the songs on this album are that good.

The lyrics were okay. They did not sing about bad stuff which is a really good thing. They also do not curse which is a thing I love about these guys. The lyrics could have been thought out a little bit more but other than that they were not to bad. The song called "On your side" sounded a little corny to me, but like I said they were not terrible. They were also not great.

Overall I was not to thrilled with this album. If I lost it I may not ever replace it again. The album was not terrible, but it was not what I expected. The thing I hated most was the "vicTorV" disc it came with. There was a lot of stuff on there that really did not need to be there. It was hosted by JT and since I saw that "VictorV" thing I stopped thinking JT was cool.

I am punk "BF"
    LPIndin wrote: Hawthorne Heights screamer sounds like he's throwing up into the mic. If you guys want a good screamo/metalcore band its not these guys. It Bullet For My Valentine. They are seriously so good. Plus id like to see HH's guitarists pull off some of the riffs that BFMV do
    I agree with you. He is an amazing guitar player but not a good screamer. But he is very good at guitar
    Metallica Fan08
    Why don't these emo bastards just kill themselves and help save music and our ears. Fuck shitty music and **** censors too, they ****ing suck.
    lovelikerain
    i know thats so sad! i can't possibly immagine, the loss there going through right now.I almost cried when i found out about his death r.i.p. casey