The Silence In Black And White review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Jun 1, 2004
Hawthorne Heights: The Silence In Black And White

The sound is a pretty basic emo/post-hardcore sound. The three guitars may look cool live but its not very noticeable on the cd. Very catchy though, I enjoy listing to it. Good to get yourself in an emo mood. Guitars could be louder in some parts were they break in from a light riff. The drums and base pretty much just guide the music nothing real great. Its a good listen and cathcy but I dont think there is anything that would blow you away.

I really like the singing in this band, and the lyrics are pretty good emo lyrics. The screamer in this band is great its just a hard sound that accompanies the lead singer and it accompanies it well. I think Blue Burns Orange is a wonderful love song and its my favorite one on the cd.

This band is like Silverstein but not as much screaming and the songs arnt as fast. Being that it is their first cd as Hawthorne Heights I'd say it is pretty impressive, although they were formely known as A Day In The Life but they had a different line up. I just love how the whole cd is really easy to listen to. Nothing I really hate about this album. It is a little slower than most emo/hardcore bands.