The Silence In Black And White review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Jun 1, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Hawthorne Heights: The Silence In Black And White

You have to admit. Ohio If For Lovers is definantly a really great song. But the rest of the CD is a little bit of a let down if your expecting the songs to be as good as Ohio Is For Lovers. Pretty good guitar riffs and the screamer isn't that bad either. But overall I think the CD is just to repetitive.

The Lyrics are pretty emo to tell you the truth and sorta make you think but the lyrics do not, by far, compare to the impact that a band such as my chemical romance has. The lyrics are your typical emo CD.

The Silence In Black And White is overall a pretty good first album for Hawthorne Heights but there is still alot of room for improvment. I don't think it comes close to how good bands such as Taking back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, Finch, or Armor For Sleep are. The most impressive song on the album would be no suprise for people would be Ohio Is For Lovers. I know people who bought the CD and only listen to that song. But the other impressive songs would have to be Silver Bullet and Life On Stand By. I like the lyrics but what I hate about this CD is how much hype this CD gets from people. It's not a cd to spaz out about. So I suggest not to buy this cd and buy a Brand New or a My Chemical Romance people. The are both alot better and not as repetitive. I think the songs almost all sounds the same. And look at what I just said if you want to know if it were stolen if I would buy it again.