The Silence In Black And White review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Jun 1, 2004
Hawthorne Heights: The Silence In Black And White

"The Silence In Black And White" probally has one of the most rememberable sounds. There is no way any emo/screamo fan could hate it. I know I don't. The three guitarist just adds to the greatness of Hawthorne's sound.

I am in love with the lyrics on the cd. Wheather is be "Shine On Diamond Eyes" or "Dear Black Goodbye" the lyrics are increadable. The vocals on this cd are amazing. The lead singer JT Woodruff has one the most impressable voices I've ever heard, and with Casey Calvert screaming and Matt Ridenour singing along there is no way anyone could hate it.

Honestly, this is one of my favorite albums. I've had this cd for 10 moths now and I am still listening to it so there is actually nothing I hate about it. Really I think that the only album that can even compare to Hawthorne Heights' "The Silence In Black And White" is Senses Fail's "Let It Enfold You" and of course the reissued copy with 7 bonus songs. I believe that all the songs are impressive, but my favorites would have to be "Blue Burns Orange", "Niki FM," "Ohio Is For Lovers," "Screenwriting An Apology," "Dessolve And Decay," "Life On Standby," "Silver Bullet," "Wake Up Call," "Speeding Up The Octaves" and "Sandpaper And Silk." Oh wait that's the whole CD, so I guess that means I love the whole thing. If the CD were stolen, I would hunt down the person that took it and beat them with it until they couldn't move (but I don't think I'd have to worry about that because I have the original and the reissued). If it were lost, I would go crazy trying to find it (but once again I have them both so I wouldn't have to worry about it).