The Silence In Black And White review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Jun 1, 2004
Hawthorne Heights: The Silence In Black And White

Hawthorne Heights has a pretty decent sound. Though it is nothing new, it is worth listening to, I'd I wouldn't turn it off if I heard it. Maybe it's my stereo, but it seems to sound far away. Also, It would be nice to have a little heavier music. It seems to be geared towards teenaged girls. I hope they notice this and make it heavier, less emo, and they might capture back the boy fanbase they lost when they introduced they're first couple of songs. But, nevertheless, HH is a very good band. My best mate gave me a burned copy, and I've been popping it in even after 4 monthes. The 3 gutarist approach is a unique idea, and takes pressure off the other gutarists so HH can make all that high pitched and low pitched music at the same time.

One can only take so much emo lyrics. The lyrics need an huge overhaul. Some of it is good. Most of it is bad. To get a bigger fanbase, the emo look has to go. And quickly. There are a few phrases that still catch my attention, like "3 last words. "I love you" is all she heard. I'll wait for. But I can't wait forever." And less of the screaming. Personally, that's what may be ruining HH.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of HH. But sometimes, it seems like it should be bought by teenage girls. The sound is nothing new, as it sounds like most emo bands out there. My favorite song is probably Ohio Is For Lovers for it's lyrics alone. If someone had stolen it, I might want it back, It's not exactly my favorite album in my collection, but it's decent. It's worth litening to, but not everyday, and with little replay value. But don't take my word for it. You might like it more than I do.

Pidgequin
    Girls keep breaking up with them, it's never any fun, girl say they already have a pussy, they don't need another one.
    boyan89
    this album rules i got the re-issued copies and its frigging amazing!!!!the dvd rules 2!!!the guitars are amazing and yah
    hobo467
    the anti-emo comments are funny but stop stealing them from songs