The Silence In Black And White review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Jun 1, 2004
Hawthorne Heights: The Silence In Black And White

This CD is by far one of Hawthorne Height's best. They have a kind of alternative singing, but in the choruses a guy in the backround screams. The Guitarists are pretty good, too. No blazing solos, but they keep a good rythm and have good intros. With no doubt, I'd have to say they are what I call "alternative screamo."

I have to say, I'm not really a fan of thier lyrics. Like in the song "Ohio Is For Lovers," they say "Cut my wrist and black my eyes" which, in other words would simply be "Kill me" and I don't like that because it may encourage kids to become emo. But, the singers make up for the horrible lyrics.

I would have to say that Hawthorne Heights is deffinetely not as good as my favorite band, Avenged sevenfold, but they come in a close second. If you just wanted to by some of their songs on iTunes I would suggest getting "Ohio Is For Lovers", "Niki FM", and "Life On Standby". What I love about this band and CD is that they always keep a nice rhythm and have nice singing and guitar.

gtr-boy
    OMG best album ever but my god people that say they hate emos or they cant go through this album or gay and jelous that they dont look good with eyeliner on ( im wearing it right now )
    dxvxb
    im not mental wrote: terrible album.
    Hawthorne Heights is an awesome band every song is good. and get the f*ck off this page if u hate them so much