This Is Who We Are [DVD] review by Hawthorne Heights

• Released: Jan 10, 2006
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Hawthorne Heights: This Is Who We Are [DVD]

I think Hawthorne Heights is a great band, but people always flame them because of one song that is emo. I think more people need to actually go buy their CDs because there is some great talent in them. Hawthorne Heights has a great 3 guitar attack that sizzles with the the 3 soothing vocals. I think the story of this DVD is basically what the name of the DVD title says. "This Is Who We Are". It's the title of the DVD and a really great song. So basically, the story of this DVD is about them and who they are. I think more people need to give them credit for just being a band, just because "Ohio Is For Lovers" became their first hit, doesn't mean people should flame them. what if another single came out before that song? I bet people wouldve changed their minds, because this band is great.

Content — 8
The DVD starts off with their single, "Saying Sorry" and shows a blind folded girl in the back. The whole DVD has many features. The features on the DVD are "Tour": a little segment about the Vans Warped Tour and the Never Sleep Again Tour. "Profiles": A brief background on each band member with some laughs. "Studio" - a little segment of how the whole studio process works into creating their new songs. "New songs" live performances of "Where Can I Stab Myself In The Ears", "Light Sleeper", and "This Is Who We Are". Finally the last segment of the DVD is the main event. "CGBG's": A legendary rock club. Hawthorne Heights performs songs off their first CD "The Silence In Black And White". Very entertaining, and I love to watch it over and over. Although they are off hen they play live, it gives fans some eye candy. Some hidden things on this DVD I found out was pretty weird. When you leave the title screen idle, at the end of "Saying Sorry", the blood moves sideways on the girls face rather than down, and that was awkward.

Production Quality — 9
Production quality of this DVD was great, but the DVD is very very light. I wish they had some stuff in the case that makes it feel like you're getting something special. Some neat things that Hawthorne Heights does in production of the dvd, is that they work with their fans a lot and they seem like really nice guys. Hawthorne heights trendy? Well if you like to wear their clothes then yes, but for me, I just wear what ever, so I wouldn't really know if Hawthorne Heights would be considered trendy.

I compared this DVD to Taking Back Sunday's "Louder Now:Part One", because those are the only music DVDs I have. Although Taking Back Sunday puts on a way more impressive show than Hawthorne heights, this DVD was alright. The most impressive thing on this DVD is that they go in depth of what it's like to be on tour, and how hard they had to work. especially on the Cgbg's concert, you could see that JT and Micah were getting tired but yet you could tell they were having fun. If this DVD was stolen I would most certainly buy it again just because it costs 10$ and this DVD rocks.

jeowy
    dammit. hawthorne heights get more and more emo by the second. its such a waste of talented musicians.
    unknownalone
    HH_Emo_666
    it says there was appearences from the jimmy kimmel live thing .. but its not on the dvd .. idk where they got that from
    TooFast
    The lead singer sounds extremely gay when he sings in my opinion, it's like...cmon dude, say it louder, your in a rock band. He damn near whispers the lyrics, and has the guitarist scream some, I think he's a good screamer though.
    crash 2.0
    TooFast wrote: The lead singer sounds extremely gay when he sings in my opinion, it's like...cmon dude, say it louder, your in a rock band.
    Honestly! I hate how they sound and everything. And three guitarists? Cmon now
    Dano69
    I'm emo as all hell and I HATE THIS DVD but I like Hawthorne Heights!!!!
    B2daR2daA2daD
    dude idk i thought they were kinda good but then once i realized how lame the lyrics were... "Cut my wrists and black my eyes" and that the screamer sounds like hes vomiting, kinda lost interest.
    SL!!!
    unknownalone wrote: i agree that they aren't very talented "guitarists", but they are talented songwriters, and no matter how much anyone hates them, you really cant deny that fact.
    yeah i can. their lyrics are god awful. TERRIBLE. they're INCREDIBLY LAME. they're terrible live. they have no talent. that is why they are labeled trendy. because someone decided that they could produce and sell tons of this shit as good music.
    JoNnHannah
    Decent DVD, i watched it once, sorta enjoyed it, have no desire to watch it again.
    Mr.McAwesom2112
    Three guitarists who can't even do the work of one. Pathetic. I guess they just rely on the fact that no one notices cuz they're to busy crying.