This Is Who We Are [DVD] Review

artist: Hawthorne Heights date: 03/12/2007 category: compact discs
Hawthorne Heights: This Is Who We Are [DVD]
Release Date: January 10, 2006
The Ohio band Hawthorne Heights plays a bracing brand of emo rock that is equal parts post-hardcore and gentle melodicism. This Is Who We Are offers an insider's look at the band through a collection of interviews; behind-the-scenes studio footage; clips from their appearances on the Warped Tour and the Jimmy Kimmel Live show; and an entire live set filmed on the second night of the Never Sleep Again tour in October 2005.
 Content: 8
 Production Quality: 9
 6.8
 8.3
 5.3
review (1) 16 comments vote for this album:
This Is Who We Are [DVD] Reviewed by: xsv, on march 12, 2007

Sound: I think Hawthorne Heights is a great band, but people always flame them because of one song that is emo. I think more people need to actually go buy their CDs because there is some great talent in them. Hawthorne Heights has a great 3 guitar attack that sizzles with the the 3 soothing vocals. I think the story of this DVD is basically what the name of the DVD title says. "This Is Who We Are". It's the title of the DVD and a really great song. So basically, the story of this DVD is about them and who they are. I think more people need to give them credit for just being a band, just because "Ohio Is For Lovers" became their first hit, doesn't mean people should flame them. what if another single came out before that song? I bet people wouldve changed their minds, because this band is great. // 8

Overall Impression: I compared this DVD to Taking Back Sunday's "Louder Now:Part One", because those are the only music DVDs I have. Although Taking Back Sunday puts on a way more impressive show than Hawthorne heights, this DVD was alright. The most impressive thing on this DVD is that they go in depth of what it's like to be on tour, and how hard they had to work. especially on the Cgbg's concert, you could see that JT and Micah were getting tired but yet you could tell they were having fun. If this DVD was stolen I would most certainly buy it again just because it costs 10$ and this DVD rocks. // 8

Comments