I Am Hollywood review by He Is Legend

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
He Is Legend: I Am Hollywood

He Is Legend - I am Hollywood is one of those albums you can just listen to over and over again without getting sick of it. It maintains a constant string of not very complex yet great sounding lead breaks right throught most of the songs, the bass I found is quite unnoticable exept for the awum riff in 'The Creature Walks' but I suppose thats just 'cause I'm a guitarist and I noticed that the drums were pretty fast and had a great rythm to it. Every song on the album is great and I couldn't really name my favorite song. They also have no really crappy quiet song either which is good. Defanitly one of my favorite bands but most definatly my fav. hardcore/screamo one.

Although they may seem like nonsense and really are I spose I love theme. They're great, catchy and fit together really well with the lead and rythm guitar and have a massivly wide vocal range and often up tempo beat to it. The lead singer is pretty amazing and has a pretty awesome scream too, but unlike alot of screaming band his screams fits in great with the rythm and melody of the music.

As afore mentioned I don't really have a favorite but I love 'Dinner With A Gypsy' and I love every song on it except for 'you sound like a white boy'if thats evem on it. If it were stonen or lost I would burn it again (I'm poor, and I live all the way in new zealand so its pretty scarce down here).

SURFraptor7
    Definitely one of my favorite albums. The entire band radiates musical excellence, which is hard to find these days. The only thing I don't like is the use of screaming and growling. First of all, it causes people to classify the band as screamo. Second, all the screaming screwed up the singer's voice. I don't know if anyone's heard the new CD, but his voice got kinda raspy and his range has decreased noticeably. By the way, what is the story? I can't figure the whole thing out.
    TehJermie
    These guys are all really good. I feel bad about McKenzie getting the boot, but hopefully they find someone good to replace him. About the vocals on the new album, I believe the were meant to be sung that way, as they wanted a dirty southern rock feel.
    xDeadReckoningx
    As near as I can tell, the story begins with Schuylar talking about a girl (The Seduction) and then switches focus to a monster that hides under the bed. Now I could be completely wrong about this, but I think the monster's name is "Hollywood" and he kidnapped the girl. But I could be wrong.
    adamjowens
    i think it refers to the city of hollywood. personified as a monster which has come to take this woman away. great album, one of my faves
    HTML Rulez Dood
    the story is about how a girl is kidnapped and brought to hollywood then raped and killed. the singer plays different characters by speaking in different tones of voice (for example when he screams, its the kindapper) listen to the lyrics in the last song "heathers gone, she left a note. he is legend is all she wrote. go get the detective, i think ive found something, this isnt heathers handwriting" also, theres another story, its about a director or something who sells out and becomes a mainstream moviemaker in hollywood. in this case, when he screams, hes the monster which is the personification of hollywood.