It Hates You review by He Is Legend

• Released: Jul 13, 2009
He Is Legend: It Hates You

Best f--king thing ever. Done. Read on if you actually care. Its dark as the second CD and loud as the first CD. Like their other CDs this album is fantastic. Only about 57 minutes but no filler and no "I'm skipping this... " songs. The guitar takes many interesting new directions, and the drums and bass seem to have more presence in the album. Each instrument has an amazing character to it. The record again produces the very not so typical sound that legend has developed with there previous albums.

Yea, so its heavy and it has plenty of textures. Their first CD had a similar quantity of layers and sounds. The whole CD seems to flow together very well. Again the lyrics are odd, but still clever and brilliant. Schuylar has notably deepened the tone and the gruffness in his voice but the sound is still incredible. As always things are balanced and this cd is mixed with the same edge that I Am Hollywood has: All the parts are prominent and audible but nobody steals the show.

Well I originally intended for this review to stop at my second sentence but since the lid's off this particular can of worms I'll compare it to the other two. Personally I never choose which of their first two releases I preferred, but this CD holds it own with the best tracks from either. A friend and I discussed how we hoped the demo tracks released last year would become the final versions on the album, basically because we felt that there wasn't any room for improvement. That being said the variations between the demos and the final cut is either negligible or satisfactory. It just goes to show that this CD has had ample time to ripen and the copies in stores truly capture Legend's creativity refined to an amazing level. Well that's about it its pretty incredible. This band is truly more than anything mainstream. If you're one of those people that is gonna onna say my review is crap save your breathe. I don't give a f--k.

FallenSaint
    adslam3
    yes evan, this cd is wicked sick! Definitely a good cd. I wasn't big into it at first but when I listened to it a second time I loved it. HIL is amazing.
    Shinsen88
    Agreed. Seriously, what the crap?
    IfDaysEnd
    The record is good, but it doesn't deserve a perfect 10. Some songs are just meh.
    Rockinguitar
    I won't even give my favorite bands perfect 10s. Some people shouldn't be allowed to write reviews for their favorite bands if they can't be objective.
    [x]Huffy[x]
    FallenSaint wrote: Wow. You gave all 10's and insulted the reader that might have a different view? What are you, 12? GTFO
    I am 12, and what is this? Seriously though, I liked Suck Out The Poison, so I'll probably pick this up at some point.
    Panasonic3
    i like being insulted. i liked it so much. creative approach. shows me how much he really likes it. im going to check out this album now.