Suck Out The Poison review by He Is Legend

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
He Is Legend: Suck Out The Poison

Like everyone who was addicted to I am Hollywood, I was shocked when I first listened to the new album. I was almost disappointed, but instead of dismissing it right there, I gave the new album some time to sink in. Simply put, the new sound is awesome. Musically, they included most of the good stuff from I am Hollywood. The only thing they really left out was the style diversity (No Jazz, Hardcore, Breakdowns etc.) and the poppiness. The hooks are still there, but it is more dirty. Seems like Bleach era Nirvana injected with Post-hardcore and heavy Southern rock steroids. These guys are sonic giants.

Schuylar is one today's best rock writers, if not the best. The lyrics are very imaginative and the album unfolds like a book. It's one of those novels that when it grabs ahold of you, it will not let go until the very end. And the lyrics fit the music perfectly, but this really goes for every He Is Legend song I've ever listened to. Schuylar's vocals are great and I'm really digging the raspy tones. This is Dirt-Rock, and he pulls no punches with his vocal delivery.

It keeps growing on me more after every listen. They really keep outdoing themselves with each release and I really can't wait to see where these guys will be in 2 or 3 years. As far as songs go, the best ones would have to be Serpent Sickness, The Pot Bellied Goddess, Attack Of The Dungeon Witch, and Dixie Wolf. My only gripe is that they didn't throw in a million styles like I am Hollywood, but this isn't that kind of album, which I got over pretty quickly. Incredible album.

thrashing4god
    I'm seeing He Is Legend along with Killswitch Engage, Dragonforce, and Chamaira next month. Never heard He Is Legend before, but i hope there good.
    ValenceElectron
    Well, I hadn't really listened to HIL before I saw them on the No Fear tour, and I was blown away. Schuylar's voice sounded great to me, not quite as light as the tracks on IAH. I do miss the warm feelings and lighter lyrics since they released SOTP, but i'm sure it'll all come full circle.
    catalyst329
    no mercy wrote: I really know nothing about this band. I'm more into the whole rock/metal stuff (ya know, Shinedown, Mastodon, that kinda stuff) but this 'southern rock' vibe that everyone is talking about has gotten me intrigued. I might have to check this out. What do you guys think?
    I think u would definatly like it because they have awseome guitar riffs like mastodon and the singers got a awesome voice for souther hardcore and if u do like these guys check out maylene and the sons disaster, which is one band not two.
    !normajean!
    atlmetal wrote: I'm outraged guys. Who cares if they've changed? He Is Legend isnt a Screamo/Metalcore band anymore. There a southern rock/ metal band. I hate complaining over categories but they are. And SUTP and Maylene's debut are amazing. It's music for the south from the south.
    maylene's debut was indeed amazing!
    Reages
    am i wrong or they cnaged their vocals? because the new album sounds differently... i mean voice of course
    carterb
    This is one of my favorite cd's right now and i think its amazing, as are all their other albums
    bitcheleugene
    Best band of the decade in my opinion. deffinaly under rated, You ned to buy there Cd any of them are great, I have there old demos before the were "he is legend" Skylar haas such a powerfull voice that can do anything you can imagine. theyve all got some talent. i saw them with aiden and silverstien ect. [b][[i]i think tose bands should have walked of the stage, or bowed down to He is legend. /b]
    no mercy
    mateosal05
    he is legend's new cd suck out the poison is god's gift to man....without this cd, children everywhere woudld go hungry....i rest my case....
    xDeadReckoningx
    Just got this CD, absolutely loved it. "Electronic Throat" and "Attack of the Dungeon Witch" are 2 standout tracks.
    Mynxage
    Alright. Personally, this is the best album from He Is Legend yet, all of they're work has been nothing less that amazing, from "91025", up to "Suck Out the Poison." My personal favorites on the Cd were "Goldies Torn Locks" "China White Part II" and "Mushroom River." But the entire album was just overall AMAZING! I've seen these guy's three times so far, and am oh so proud to consider them one of my absolute fav's.
    !normajean!
    but really, it does sound like hes worn out his voice. just listen to "Either They Decorated For Christmas Early, Or They're All Dead". then listen to "Electronic Throat". major difference. his voice used to be amazing. its bad now. but i still love them.