Here, Not There Review

Heathers: Here, Not There
Release Date: May 2008
Label: Hide Away Records
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock
The album features some truly amazing vocal harmonies delivered with just the perfect amount of youthful exuberance.
 9.4
 9.3
 9.5
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Here, Not There Reviewed by: Slut, on june 10, 2008

Sound: Ellie and Louise, also known as Heathers are twin sisters from Ireland, armed with their voices and an acoustic guitar. And it's quite the arsenal. "Here, Not There", their debut album, is the best album I've heard in a long time. The production is not major label production, of course. But it's honest, and that's what counts. It's just the girls and the guitar, except for two tracks with cello. Beautiful harmony, catchy choruses with lyrics you wish you wrote. It won't be leaving my stereo. Not until they release their follow up, anyway. // 8

Lyrics: The words written on this record are beyond the girls years. "Do you realize that when you are young, the things you take so seriously mean nothing at all?" instantly jumps to mind. There's also a lot of cute "do do do" parts. Bouncy little happy segments that instantly brings a smile. I played "Bloodpact" for a friend, which starts with a "na na na" introduction. He asked me to copy the CD for him before getting past that part. And as I said before, the vocals are top notch. Ellie and Louise's voices duck and weave between each other in perfect harmony. // 10

Overall Impression: I love every song on the CD. If I had to choose though, my favorite songs would be: "Remember When" Honey Please?" "Hush, Hush" and "Slices of Palama". The only problem I have with the album is, it's too short! Eleven songs, but only thirty minutes of music. I want more. If you love harmony, female vocals and acoustic guitar, this is a must buy. It is also a must buy if you have good taste in music. // 10

Comments