The Neon Handshake review by Hell Is for Heroes

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
Hell Is for Heroes: The Neon Handshake

They're kinda cool funky famous under ground power punk. But at the same time they're emo metal. But at the same time they're indie. It's crazy but they really are that good. Definitely recommend them as a band to see live, I've seen the 3 times. I saw them at a free set they were doing which not enough bands do.

The lyrics are nothing special, but they can be quite moving and emotional. Anyway lyrics would only get in the way of the absolute driving energy of the band, the riffs on every song are much too good to be allowed.

I found Heroes through a mate o' mine and the first time I heard them live was at the little civic in Wolverhampton about 2 years ago. Needless to say it was the best gig I've been to, and I bought the album from 24hour tesco on the way home. Easily the best album I've heard for a while, I have two copies it's so good. One's signed though.

Muser9909
    One of the most fucking best post-hardcore albums ever, is amazing from the start to the end. A perfect tour? Hell is for Heroes, Reuben, Vex Red and Biffy Clyro.