Asylum Of The Human Predator Review

Hell Within: Asylum Of The Human Predator
Release Date: Apr 19, 2005
Label: Lifeforce
Genres: Rock
Asylum Of The Human Predator appeals to a spectrum of metal and hardcore, somewhere between death, thrash and hardcore. Be prepared to be crushed.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Asylum Of The Human Predator Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 27, 2006

Sound: The sound of Asyulm Of The Human Predator by Hell Within is raw and angry. Within the first few seconds of the opening track called 'Godspeed To Your Deathbed' you can tell that this album is going to be raw and heavy as you would expect from any metalcore band from Massachusettes. The instrumentation is fast and brutal. That's pretty much all that needs to be said apart from this album kicks untold amounts of ass. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are really good. Matthew McChesney has an amazing scream as well as clean voice. This is most evident on the title track of the CD. It is the most melodic but still has some great screaming. The lyrics deal with depression, anger, suicide and personal relationships. // 10

Overall Impression: I would suggest this album for fans of metalcore and melodic death metal such as in flames. I would have to say the best songs on the album are 'Asylum Of The Human Predator', 'Self Inflicted Silence' and 'Redemtion... Is A Cold Body'. I would definitly buy this CD again if I lost it. This band is pretty much unknown so buy the album and support them! // 9

Comments