Signals review by Hello, Atlantis

• Released: Dec 1, 2011
Hello, Atlantis: Signals

Brutally melodic Rock/Post-Hardcore band out of Montgomery, Alabama consists of 5 best friends creating music and love for the lord and what he has given them. With their debut studio release of their EP "Signals" they are everything you want in a post-hardcore band, extraordinarily high vocals, high and low screaming, clean and smooth double-bass. The thing is that most bands don't have what it takes to put it all together. These guys can easily do it. The problem with this genre is a lot of the bands sound the same, most breakdowns sound the same, the high vocals sound the same and they never usually variate it. Their is a different type of post-hardcore/rock in Hello, Atlantis. They bring a different style with their guitar playing, their breakdowns aren't as "Slow" and some of the other big post-hardcore bands, but they do bring more speed and "original" brutality throughout the breakdowns.

The lyrics on the "Signals" EP were good, clean, and extremely melodic. The lyrics that they used weren't every original, as used by some of the bigger bands (Ex. Atreyu, We Came As Romans, etc.). Again, the clean vocals are high, but also a different tone to his extremely high vocals. Unlike many other post-hardcore bands, he has a lot better vocals then most clean vocalist's in the genre. The cleans going along the with music is pretty generic, But as the screaming goes, there's more complex drum patterns, guitar playing, and just the overall complexity of the music.

This EP compares to early We Came As Romans. Easily the best of the three songs on the EP is "Prophets", this band should get big soon. Why? Because they have more talent in their pinkie them some of the post-hardcore bands that shouldn't be big today (ex. Make Me Famous). Do this band a huge favor and go pick up, or order their debut EP "Signals".

HouseAtlantic
    EpiExplorer
    HouseAtlantic wrote: I get the strong feeling that this was written by someone in, or very close to, the band.
    That or objectivity went out the window.
    millarso
    BloodInYourEyes
    millarso wrote: Really!? You mean this has high and low vocals and smooth, clean double bass? That's what I've been looking for for as long as I can remember!... Oh, but the lyrics aren't as good as Atreyu or We Came As Romans, so now I'm torn... But seriously, this is the vocalist who wrote this, right?
    No, actually i'm just a fan trying to get them some publicity