Uprising Demo review by Hello Bastards

Hello Bastards: Uprising Demo

So this is a pretty underground sXe band from London playing fast hardcore. It's called "Hello Bastards!!!" and the CD is a demo, but the sound quality is pretty good. The guitar and the bass play nothing that's very difficult to play though I like it: Hardcore shouldn't be played with too much tech! The drummer kicks ass. I like his style: fast and loud. It's sounds like he wants to kill his drum set. Cool sound!

They've got two singer (male and female) and they both scream as there was no tommorow. Well, the female voice is a little too high, though it's still good. The lyrics are the best thing on this demo. I think that the lirycs were the most important thing to the band. The songs with the best lyrisc are "You Spread Ignorance" (against religion and ignorance) "Peace Justice Freedom" (pretty nilhistic) and "Sweat Shop System" (against supporting slavery through blind consumerism).

I think this demo sounds a bit like Dropdead, XBrainiax and Charles Bronson. Fast sXeHC with screamy vocals! My favorites songs are "Blood on the Media" and "Sweat Shop System". I love their energy and the lyrics though they seem to be a little radically sXe. That's what I don't like, but not everything is perfect. You can download it on their myspace-site, but if I had to pay for it I wouldn't have a problem with that. If you love fast, political HC like Dropdead then you're gonna like this.