To A Loved One review by Hello Kavita

Hello Kavita: To A Loved One

Hello Kavita likes to describe themselves as throwback, I would say their sound is a contemporary vintage with songs like "sunday" that fall within the newer indie sound and then songs like "to a loved one" that has that throwback sound. This album was recorded in a Colorado recording studio completely on analog equipment which adds to their desired sound. All of their album is smooth listening for those older and younger. It leaves nothing to be desired except for new music in the future.

The lyrics are a little bit clouded within the instrumental music, and there are some words that just can not be understood. This just like many others music is just lived with. Don't let this turn you away though, the lyrics are well thought out and often clever if you listen closely. The lyrics work with the music especially in the song; "the last time" and if you watch the video the trio of words, music, and video create raw emotion within you; unfortunately sadness. The album does though have quite the varience of emotion. Corey Teruya, the lead singer has a great voice to match the music, never off key and with the harmonies from other pieces of the band the sound is again warm and inviting.

The album is said to be Colorado's answer to Wilco, and I can hear a little bit of Grisly Bear in it. Most impressive songs: Sunday(its a chrome tide) Ok Colorado Truly is a difficult decision; I would say buy the ablum a see for yourself. I love its warm sounds, use of a wide range of sounds, and beauty. Hate: the use of horns in pillar, its not good for the song, and use of horns if anywhere else. If I lost this CD I would without a doubt get it again their sounds are priceless. This CD is for those of a particular taste of course: its within the vintage/indie realm but even if that's not your style I think its even worth a try.