Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs! review by hellogoodbye

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
hellogoodbye: Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs!

The sound of the album and band is quite good. It is a mix of '80s electronic stuff and the pop bullshit you hear today only better.I Listen to mostly metal like Metallica Trivium Lamb of God etc. but for some odd reason I really like this band. The use of a vocoder and keyboards really fill out the bands sound which I must say is awesome!

The lyrics are pretty goofy and retarded but that's wat makes them so awesome. They say certain things just for the sake of ryming. LIke in Here (in your arms) "I like where we are when we drive in your car". It's probably one of the most retarded things I have ever heard but that's why it's so good. Most of the albums lyrics are just fun and goofy like that but the final track on the album Two Weeks in Hawaii is much deeper. It reminds me of oldschool Weezer like their album PInkerton. The song is basically about lonliness etc. As for the vocalist Forrest Kline. He has half decent but when he uses the vocoder he sounds really really awesome. that's all I hafta say about that.

I really really like this album. The band reminds me of Weezer who appear to be down the shitter sadly. They are definately one of my new fav bands and being a metal fan it says something. I love the lyrics and keyboards on the album and I can't think of anything I hate. If this album was lost or stolen I would definately buy it again it's worth every penny!

bequickorbedead
    Its a fun and thoroughly enjoyable album. It might not be musically brilliant, but it's still definitely worth checking out.
    Rainmaker27
    Ultimate guitar is the name of this site last time I checked. Not ultimate bullshit.
    DOOdooroCK
    the album sucked, theres only to good songs; Here(in your arms) and touchdown turnaround.
    fieryfenderz
    Like I Is wrote: I puked my pants when I first heard "Here In Your Arms". what from laughing so hard? they blow I don't think this review should be here.
    TheDisturbed78
    Glam-Hammer wrote: electric7 : the review for this is reallyu hard hitting and i agree with it. most band's lyrics are shallow today, not really baised of anything. hellogoodbye is just another quickly-signed-radio-pop- friendly band, and if this is all they can offer, then its not going to last long. Agreed. I think its pretty stupid that it's 'cool' to use electronica now with the mainstream whereas stuff like Genghis Tron have being using it for a while. If you're gonna use electronica in rock music, be intense..not shitty, lollipop music like this band
    lolololol, lollipop music
    CapnKickass
    lol, I think after the credits of Morel Orel it shows a little girl in a wheelchair that says "hellogoodbye!" in a funny bossy voice. It's one of those things like the stoopid monkey for robot chicken. Cracks me up.
    tbarrettl
    I second that and isn't Hellogoodbye a supergroup of some former Punk-Pop band?
    adslam3
    i could not stop listening to this cd for a while. this isnt really my favorite genre of music but i was just stuck on this cd. check it out.
    HFR
    Never listen to HelloGoodBye Maybe I should give this album a listen.
    richard_edwards
    i used to like hellogoodbye, then they went all mainstream and i got fed up of always hearing here (in your arms).
    Glam-Hammer
    Ca1am1ty
    lol for some reason i really like this band,and i usually listen to like metallica,lamb of god,slayer,behemoth,stuff like that lol,for some reason hellogoodbye is just awesomeness
    Cheezy
    Shit. Sorry but i've lsitened to them enough though my girlfriend and they're just the same as many emo bands out there. And i like synth pop ala panic! at the disco etc. but this is just a poor effort
    Hello_Goodbye10
    Here (In your arms) and Dear Jamie...Sincerely me are my favorite songs ever made basically. and i think all you people who dont like the band can have your own opinion...we cant make u like them, but if u look up the chords/tabs/watever they are pretty easy and fun to do. So if your a novice guitar player check 'em out. I also made a review on HelloGoodbye but its still pending so if it gets aproved you can check it out.
    Hello_Goodbye10
    I really like this CD and I love this band (obviously look at my account name) and "cheezy" I dont agree with u. I think they have awesome pop sound, and really easy chords/tabs/watever for us guitar players.
    Like I Is
    I puked my pants when I first heard "Here In Your Arms". I don't think this review should be here.