Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs! review by hellogoodbye

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
hellogoodbye: Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs!

So Hellogoodbye is a little bit older, and their sound has changed since their EP, but thankfully not too much. If you've heard their older music, you know what to expect spanned between 11 blissfully short tracks, (no eight-and-a-half-minute "Dear Jamie"'s here). It's ironic that this album is twice as many tracks as the EP, but is only twelve minutes longer.

The lyrics are the single most disappointing aspect of this album. Take a look at the cover, and then read the title: Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs! contains nothing more than the most pathetic love ballads you've ever heard. I was expecting something quirky and original like the cover implies, but instead I get the pathetic vomit-inducing balladry of songs like "Baby it's fact" and "Figures A to B (Means You and Me)". If you believe that "Baby, it's fact / That our love is true / The way black is black / And blue is just blue" is beautiful and that "Present for a presentation presented presently" is clever than maybe you'd actually enjoy hearing this, but I can't help but cry in disappointment for an album that was supposed to be about zombies, aliens, vampires and dinosaurs.

The music is great, Hellogoodbye has got that aspect down, however, they really need to stop making every song a lame love ballad, at least their EP had "Jesse buy nothing... go to Prom anyways" placed in the middle as a breather. There's no such escape on this album.

Glam-Hammer
    jerbal : ultimate-guitar . . . why have ou forsaken me ? metal . . . the people NEED METAL !!!
    No. We need more of everything else but metal. Too much metal on this site right now
    jerbal
    chrisdazzo
    Like I Is wrote: I puked my pants when I first heard "Here In Your Arms". I don't think this review should be here.
    So your head's up your ass?
    Tracer_Bullet
    Hellogoodbye=one hit wonder Pretty fun to drive to in the summer, but don't ever hit up one of their live shows unless you plan on never listening to them again.
    Shread_6009
    i really hate these guys. just because you have like 16 different key-tars and sing about love wont make you cool. just saying...
    corrie_911
    haha. that second review was really kissing the all-american rejects' asses, wasn't it?