Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part I review by Helloween

Helloween: Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part I

First of all this review is for Keeper of the Seven Keys part 1. The album select wont show me what part it is on the submittance page. Helloween is definatelt the old school genre of metal that goes along with those of the same age as Anthrax, Early Metallica, Overkill, etc. The old school sound of power metal, Helloween being the godfathers of the genre, is somewhat settling and consoling. Helloween is the perfect example of that classic sound from the good old days. The trebbly guitars and very reverby drums give the band an arena-ish sound to the music. The guitarists seem quite modest though because they solo but try not to stand out too much during the singing parts.

This is a band where the lyrics definately have symbolism behind the words. If you read these, they would definately be poetic in sound but they fit quite well with the metalish feel. The singing is done well not only because of the accuracy of the notes and words but also because of the originality of the vocals. They seem sort of scattered about the song but still remaining in the melodic boundaries. High singing is something unique like for Helloween and the only bands that might sing high better are King Diamond and Into Eternity.

This album was already a classic when I purchased it. I bought the special deluxe edition with the bonus songs and the full album. The best part of the album is probaby the intro with the folky-sounding synth sound giving the album a fantastic sound to start on the journey of the Seven Keys. Halloween, the song, is a definate classic for old school metal that goes right in there with A Little Time and the like of bands such as Anthrax or Overkill. Best songs in order are: Halloween, A Little Time, Twilight of the Gods, Future World, then I'm Alive. This misnomered "krautrock" album is a classic for all metalheads to posess.