The Dark Ride review by Helloween

• Released: Dec 5, 2000
Helloween: The Dark Ride

As im writing this part for sound most of my mind concentrates on the production in this album. Helloween were never great producing the albums, so I didn't expect much from this one... but turns out its the bes produced album ive heard from any album from any band. The Dark Ride is something Helloween never put out before, the power metal is different, is darker and more agressive I could say, but the guitars still dominate the album like in any other album, and all of the guys in the band write songs. They also use some piano in a few songs, sounds excellent. Also to the people who care about creepy, cool and good intros, this one is AMAZING. The album wouldnt be as great as it is if it wasnt for the production, thats what mostly makes this album so great, I mean the songs are amazing too, but w/out the production it wouldn't be as great.

The lyrics on this album are a lot darker and with deeper meaning, but they still keep some humor in the album, youll know by reading the lyrics for Mr.Torture. The title track has amazing lyrics, with very deep meaning, also Andi Deris is amazing on this album, and he is credited to 5 songs.

This album is amazing, the highlights of the album are, Mr.Torture, All Over The Nations, Salvation, We Damn The Night, Immortal (Stars), and The Dark Ride. Also this album includes Helloween's heaviest song ever Escalation 666, turned out pretty good but for me its one of the weakest on the album. I know this has nothin to do but the cover is fcukin amazing. If I lost it I would definitely buy it again, and it is Definitely worth buying. So pick it up now.

Liberation
    My favorite all time album. You missed a few when missing highlights: If I Could Fly The Departed (Sun Is Going Down) But overall, good review.