Walls Of Jericho review by Helloween

• Released: Jan 1, 1985
Helloween: Walls Of Jericho

Helloween's sound on "Walls Of Jericho" can be summed up in one word. Thrash. Helloween's first album, had a fast paced classic thrash sound like Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, etc. And had the ripping vocals of Kai Hansen. I'm not saying that I dislike Helloween, but if they would have made more albums like this, they would have more than likely not been in the power metal genre. They would be more in the depths of the thrash genre.

The lyrics of this album were very... Hypnotic in a way. They're definitely different than Helloween's other albums but still awesome. Stuff like the lyrics to "Gorgar" were pretty awesome. Gambling man. Very 80s. Hansen's gritty vocals on tracks like "Ride The Sky" made this an incredible album, while also having that solid power metal sound in a chorus like on "Metal Invaders". The lyrics and the the music almost blend perfectly, with Kai's voice at high octaves, makes it even better. Definitely one of my favorite lyrically made albums.

Albums like this really make me proud to be a metal head. "Walls Of Jericho", "Sinner" by Drowning Pool, "Book Of Shadows" by Zakk Wylde, "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!" by Megadeth, "Bonded By Blood" by Exodus. All classic albums. Those are by far my favorites. I love how this album shows ALL of Kai Hansen's musical ability. It's raw talent at it's finest. The most impressive songs on the album are definitely "Ride The Sky", "Gorgar", "Metal Invader", and "Heavy Metal (Is The Law)". If someone ever stole this album from me, (which I wouldn't blame them if they did), then I would definitely spend my time and money to buy it again, and again.

YouTube preview picture
YouTube preview picture

thrashmonkey
    Kai Hansen has more talent in his left testicle then all the members of Drowning Pool have in their entire bodies, haha Killer album though, nice to see a review of it on here
    Cazman
    "Walls Of Jericho", "Sinner" by Drowning Pool, "Book Of Shadows" by Zakk Wylde, "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!" by Megadeth, "Bonded By Blood" by Exodus One of these things is not like the other~
    Kytokinesis
    "Helloween's sound on "Walls Of Jericho" can be summed up in one word. Thrash." No. Walls of Jericho is a combination of different influences, attempting to break away from the speed/thrash scene and focus more on melody.