Hellyeah review by Hellyeah

• Released: Apr 10, 2007
Hellyeah: Hellyeah

My impression is pretty good, when I first heard this CD I wasn't very impressed, but it grew on me in a very short amount of time, no story to the CD, just a good CD to listen to with friends when ur drinkin, music styles, well it's got 2 members of nothingface and Mudvayne, so it has a nu/alt metal style, and I think Vinnie brings a good southern metal touch to it, the drumming and the vocals stand out, they're both done really well, and following that are lots of catchy riffs.

Lyrics, well, I have to be honest do get really cheesy at times, like Acohaulin ass and Star, but they're alright, I figured Chad Grey would bring a little more to the table as far as lyrics go, but he did alright, and the music and lyrics do go very well together, and Chad Grey's voice sounds really great on the album, almost as good as he has ever sounded.

The most impressive songs IMO, are Hellyeah, Matter of Time, You Wouldn't Know, Rotten to the Core, alcohaulin'ass, and goddamn, I love the fact that it's got members of two of my fav. bands, (Pantera and Mudvayne), Chad's voice is wonderful, and it's a good CD to just sit around and listen to with friends, The only thing I dislike is the fact that it seems like they're trying a little to hard to be cowboys, and the lyrics get on the cheesy side, if it were stolen and lost, I would probly buy it again.

JakSunPlayr
    I like it. Kinda noisy sometimes, but I like the guitar work. Some awsome riffs. 8
    Stratmike
    I like the cd alot. Its a good mixture of the respective groups. But, don't buy it thinking you are getting an extension of Pantera's stuff cause the guitar work is not it at all.
    thebyccenter
    I like this album a lot! They did a good job on it! The first time I listened to this record, I didnt really care, but over time... Its a damn ****ing great album! What I dont like and I dont accept any critics of them, when Some people just listening only one time to an album and give some pure badass critics! And the most common problem is, when people compair bands. Some people didnt even hear about nothingface or didnt even know any of their songs! Come on! Whatever, I like this record a lot! Everytime I listening to this record, I fell like going into a moshpit! Its true, the sound is similar to Pantera and Damageplan, but I dont really give a single little **** about that! They great! They rock! Thats all about! peace! -boo-
    Swamplord
    This album is pretty cool. I just tabbed matter of time in guitar pro format. Some of Vinnie's drumming was hard to listen and tab but I got it. Plus they're coming to brisbane! woot!
    -l-Trendkiller-
    This album is ok. Vinnie paul still has it, not matter what he will always be one of the best metal drummers of all time. But i dont really consider this to be all that metal. Its kinda hard rock/ Nu metal if anything. I like old mudvayne (painted faces) and nothingface was never anything special at all. The riffs on this CD are a little repative and they try to make it heavier by dropping to B and its really unessacery. Their are some good songs on this CD, but its nothing special. 7 outa 10 tops
    blakiss
    i liked it, i checked out there myspace and heard Hellyeah and went out and bought the cd, the best songs are Alchohaulin Ass, Hellyeah, Matter Of Time, and Waging War
    EmancipatedSoul
    I didnt mind it at all, but honestly, I would of rather heard it at a friends house than spend 18 on it. But I still listen to it once in a while and it is not bad at all. Its growing on me. Hellyeah, Alcouhaulin' Ass and Matter of time are the best songs in my opinion.
    GreenSaosiner
    According to wikipedia, Alchohaulin Ass, is a combonation of the words alcohol, and haulin... whoulda thunk?
    AdamTheJobber
    I have to say that this is one of the best albums I have ever purchased. The heaviness really rustled my jimmies. Wy windshield broke after I played "Matter of Time" with the stereo all the way up.