Hellyeah review by Hellyeah

• Released: Apr 10, 2007
Hellyeah: Hellyeah

Losing a brother is not a easy thing at all. You might be whatever you want: A metalhead, a geek, lol, I mean, it doesn't matter, because losing a member of your family IS NOT a simple thing. That is what Hellyeah's drummer (Vinnie Paul, also Pantera's drummer) passed through after the death of his beloved brother (Dimebag Darrell [1966 - 2004, RIP Dime]) during a Pantera's show. Vinnie took some months to move on, and when he finally did, he joined Hellyeah as drummer (they have asked him before but he said he wasn't ready yet for that, merely because of his brother's death). So, in 2007, Hellyeah released their first album, called "Hellyeah". And then, in 2011, I bought it to give it a listen lol. Well, honestly, I knew this album couldn't anyway be bad (soon as Vinnie was their drummer) but, wow, this really surprised me. Fast riffs and great vocals with a very great drive (vocal technique) makes this a real masterpiece.

Of course, it has huge influences of thrash metal (although they even use a bit of country) so you can expect thrash metal lyrics; songs like "Alcohaulin A-s" gives you a sample about what the lyrics mostly talk about lol. Nevertheless, they made a track called "Thank You" which I'm honestly not much aware about to who it is, but I'm like 99% sure it's a song to Dimebag. At end, you can hear he singing: "Thank you, brother" and it basically thanks somebody about everything good he ever did for him. It's a great song and very touching, definitely my favorite track on this album.

Hellyeah reminds me a lot of Pantera (maybe because it's the same drummer lol) but this band is just great! If you're into metal scene you totally should give it a try. The credits goes to the songs "Thank You" and "Matter Of Time", most amazing tracks ever. These guys did an awesome job with this album, and I'm looking forward their new stuff. Vinnie is a great drummer and he totally should not stop drumming, he should honor his brother with his great skills and I'm pretty sure Dimebag is really proud of him. This album is a must have and you should buy it right now!

gmoney2748
    Right on I'm gonna check out their music now I didn't know the Mudvayne guys were part of HellYeah