Seeing Eye Dog review by Helmet

• Released: Sep 7, 2010
Helmet: Seeing Eye Dog

Returning with all guns firing, Page drives a tight ship delivering the best Helmet album since "Betty". Unrelenting and grinding, the guitars push an overall rawness in this album not heard since Aftertaste. It's great to hear no gross overproduction or over compression, Helmet are always a breath of fresh air when it comes to straight forward recordings.

Page throws some fun vocals in this album with a few harmonies not normally heard in Helmet and as well a great cover of The Beatles' classic "And Your Bird Can Sing". Keeping the lyrics short and sharp, Page delivers his best. Always able to do so much with his limited range, Page growls and soars above the music.

I was a big fan of "Size Matters" and I did like "Monochrome" although I started to feel like a little bit of the magic was starting to fade. Seeing Eye Dogs brings it all back. Some say Helmet aren't the same since Page brought it back in 2004 without Stanier or Bogdan but one thing is for sure, Hamilton's music is still a very relevant force.