Life In Dreaming review by Hidden in Plain View

• Released: Feb 22, 2005
Hidden in Plain View: Life In Dreaming

The sound of this band is amazing. I have never heard anything quite as into the music as they are. They mix palm-muting in very cleverly with the rest of the song. I am thinking specifically of the song called Top Five Addictions. That song is a great song. They don't use pure power chords which is unlike many other bands out there. They throw in suspended chords and all kinds of odd things you haven't heard before. And most of it's done in distortion, which I think is a hard thing to do without making it sounds like shit. The slides and falls are well done as well.

The lyrics aren't underpowered, especially when paired with the singer's voice. He has a very good voice for this kind of music. The multi-voiced parts on the songs is in tune and the singer can obviously sing very well. His lyrics are good and it's clear he spent some time on them (the lyrics).

My impression of this album is that everyone should buy it! It is amazing and it doesn't compare to much other music out there. I suppose it's got a little competition, but on iTunes I've given the whole album 5 stars. I would most definitly go out and buy another copy of the disc if it was lost or stolen, and I suggest that you buy one too!

drmmrboi
    bleed for you and garden statement seem to be gettin a lot of attention... but i honestly really love a minor detail and an american classic the most. theyre great. most of the album is awesome as well. i especially like the vocals.
    cleverisall
    I think the album is amazing. They have great riffs, very creative and original lyrics, and a solid, unique sound. Id recommend this album to everyone
    padley2006
    i thought this should be my first tab as i think this is a great album for all emo lovers, i love his voice i think that he has probably one of the best emo voices in the emo area myself, i think that some of the songs drag a little and i wasn't very fond of but the first four songs are amazing especially 'the point' and 'bleed for you', but i think all of them have good lyrics, and great riffs and all around great guitar, i would recomend this album to anyone who loves emo music i have had this labum a while and i still don't get bored of it