Hilary Duff review by Hilary Duff

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Hilary Duff: Hilary Duff

Ok let me confess something. After I saw A Cinderella Story I had this strang urge to buy her CD and after I listened it somehow compares to her first CD. I have to say this one id better than her first. I went to her website and found out that she actually has a band that plays in her tracks so I guess its better that she has more of a rock feel. Now thats shes older I can kind of tell the difference in her voice. There were some riffs in the CD that I liked such as the intro to "I am" was pretty good (for Hilary Duff) so I don't want to give it average.

God! Some of the lyrics were just still "Disney" material like for example: "I am special, I am beautiful etc" that kind of stuff. She can basically talk to any audience but I feel some songs are still for little kids, but I think some of the lyrics are current with her age group. In her song "The Getaway" she talks about how she can't stop thinking about this guy and how she tries to "drive" away. Yes, very typical. I think that her voice is sometimes strained but in the song "Mr. James Dean" when she sings the chorus she sounds like Ashlee Simpson when she sings the chorus of "la-la" and its things like this that makes me wonder why so many teen actors become singers.

Overall I would listen to this over Ashlee Simpson because I can't stand how ashlee thinks shes rock. The songs I mentioned before are probably good songs. I like how theres so much differnce in this album compared to her first. I just hate how this CD is just like any other teen pop star i. e. Ashlee Simpson, Jesse Mcartney, Aaron Carter, etc. If this was stolen I'd probably not buy it again. I think Hilary Duff is better as an actor and I say her looks are better than this album.

john kalantzis
    I like this album, it's pretty good you know...the songs are very good and there are many good ballads that i love to listen...I like it ! ! !It's a matter of taste...If you know what i mean...